Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 02:23 PM

6,428 posts, read 9,767,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
How can you be shocked? There are literally pages where we all told you the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Because OP is in denial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Seems the OP struggles with similar problems in other aspects of her life. Maybe she has trouble reading social cues...

Dang, you guys are rough on a girl that's just tryin to rebuild her life and move on! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 02:47 PM

77 posts, read 52,890 times
OP, I hope it'll be easy to move on for you.
Huge red flag: He hasn't had a girlfriend in years. You take the field regularly if you are a ballplayer. You may believe that a guy who never dates hasn't found the right lady, yet, but the simplest explanation is that he's happy as a single man.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:38 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,612,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, it doesn't. They never had a date, never had sex, never did anything. There was no fling. He might have flirted some, but flirting does not make a fling. Something actually has to happen for there to be a fling.
I agree. He "kissed her cheek". That sounds like they never kissed on the lips even once.

OP, you allowed yourself to become emotionally invested in a fantasy. Thats a big mistake.

He sounds like a total jerk. Forget him and go on about your business.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:43 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,440,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Dang, you guys are rough on a girl that's just tryin to rebuild her life and move on! lol
Uh, no. Read her posting history. All of us has gone round after round, thread after thread on this EXACT issue with this guy. She will not listen! I know I'm burned out after telling her the same things over and over. I don't want to say what I really think her motivation is at this point - but rebuilding anything ain't it. If you deally want to hear how I feel about this, it's fine if you DM me.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:14 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoDaVinci View Post
You may believe that a guy who never dates hasn't found the right lady, yet, but the simplest explanation is that he's happy as a single man.
yup!!!

Old 11-02-2017, 10:27 AM

20,705 posts, read 19,880,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace84 View Post
I had seen this guy in a walking group over the past 5 months. We were friends a few years ago but lost touch. Over the months he has dropped hints that he likes me, has cuddled and held me for long periods of time and kissed my cheek in a loving way - it has all been quite romantic. I told him recently that I like him and he started acting awkward and said he likes me but does not want to take it further and he said he does not feel enough for me. He then said he probably did lead me on. I was stunned, I didn't stick around to talk as I felt he had taken the p*** out of me.

He is in his 40s and not had a girlfriend in years but does get shy and socially awkward around women. He did say not long ago to me and some friends when he was asked about dating was that he has had enough of women who answer back, he hasn't married as he has not found the right woman. He also said if he has a relationship he has to give up the hiking groups. I thought that is ridiculous as the right person would not make you give up your hobbies which I even told him this.

There have been occasions where he has said he doesn't do communal bedrooms with the hikers and likes his own space. He also at times has had outbursts, sulked and impatient in situations - not ideal.

I have realised I have wasted my time. I feel shocked and heartbroken now as I had pinned my hopes on him to be let down. How can I rebuild my life and move on? Am I best to cut contact with him? I know he gets annoyed when I talk to other guys but how can he when he rejected me. I still want to see my friends at the hiking group but don't know if I can go with him being there as I will have feelings.

Please can people please point out his red flags so I don't fall for this crap again. Thanks.
Is this a joke or did you leave out the information about dating him?

It seems like you never had a date. You just saw him amongst the hiking group? Rebuild your life? WHAT?

Please tell me you left out some information. Otherwise this doesn't make any sense.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:43 AM

6,428 posts, read 9,767,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
Uh, no. Read her posting history. All of us has gone round after round, thread after thread on this EXACT issue with this guy. She will not listen! I know I'm burned out after telling her the same things over and over. I don't want to say what I really think her motivation is at this point - but rebuilding anything ain't it. If you deally want to hear how I feel about this, it's fine if you DM me.

I was being sarcastic. Who needs to rebuild their lives after that lol

Old 11-02-2017, 11:13 AM

23,162 posts, read 26,118,923 times
Quote:
Who needs to rebuild their lives after that lol
Somebody who seems to have built the last 5 years of her life around a pipe dream?

Old 11-02-2017, 01:20 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,440,668 times
Quote:
I was being sarcastic. Who needs to rebuild their lives after that lol
I'M SORRY!!!! I didn't realize! My humor meter was off yesterday - I just couldn't get it to kick in!!!

Old 11-02-2017, 03:58 PM

3,977 posts, read 4,999,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Somebody who seems to have built the last 5 years of her life around a pipe dream?
Five MONTHS - not years...right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships