Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2017, 06:50 PM

4 posts, read 2,830 times

Advertisements

I posted before about an embarrassing situation I had with this man I'm interested in. The next day, he smiled at me when he saw me and I didn't realize he was looking at me so I didn't smile back. By the time I realized no one was behind me and he must've been smiling at me, he had already looked away.
Since that day, he avoids looking at me directly and sometimes when he notices I'm around, he starts to fidget or shuffle around. I've tried to make eye contact with him, but even when we're alone for a few moments he won't look at me.
Does it seem like hes no longer interested? Should I give up on it since it seems I gave off the wrong signals and blew it? Im really shy so i havent plucked up the courage to come right out and ask him out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 06:56 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times
Sorry to appear grouchy but this is a sore point for me.

You started one thread, asking for advice. Many people went to the trouble of offering advice and you never returned to that thread to thank, or even acknowledge, any of them. Now that you've started this second thread, I hope you'll express your appreciation for any responses you get here.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:01 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliape View Post
Im really shy so i havent plucked up the courage to come right out and ask him out.
You don't have to ask him out directly, but at some point you need to work hard to clue in to those signals.

If you've tried to engage him and he's not playing along, then it's probably best to move on and do better next time.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Sorry to appear grouchy but this is a sore point for me.

You started one thread, asking for advice. Many people went to the trouble of offering advice and you never returned to that thread to thank, or even acknowledge, any of them. Now that you've started this second thread, I hope you'll express your appreciation for any responses you get here.
You're right. I should've went back and thanked the responders. I don't have much forum experience or etiquette. I'll do that from now on

Old 12-18-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You don't have to ask him out directly, but at some point you need to work hard to clue in to those signals.

If you've tried to engage him and he's not playing along, then it's probably best to move on and do better next time.
Ok, I will try this advice tomorrow. Maybe I can try saying hi. Apologies for not thanking you from my first post. Thanks for your input.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:34 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliape View Post
You're right. I should've went back and thanked the responders. I don't have much forum experience or etiquette. I'll do that from now on

Thanks for accepting my post with such graciousness. It's not too late to go back to the 1st thread and post a thank-you and rep (click on the scales icon after the post # in the upper right corner of each post) each response.

And FYI for anyone reading this, I did not post in that thread so I'm not asking for a rep for myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships