Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 07:38 AM

599 posts, read 693,257 times

Advertisements

You need to find someone local. There a lot of women in the DMV area that have similar interests as you do, best to meet them organically.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:42 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
You need to find someone local. There a lot of women in the DMV area that have similar interests as you do, best to meet them organically.
The same women who won't touch me with a 10 ft pole? No thanks. I'm probably gonna hold off on serious dating until I finish my Masters and move out of the area, both should happen later in the year.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:28 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The same women who won't touch me with a 10 ft pole? No thanks. I'm probably gonna hold off on serious dating until I finish my Masters and move out of the area, both should happen later in the year.
You're finishing up an MA? Congratulations! Where are you thinking of moving to? Wherever the jobs are?

Old 01-09-2018, 12:38 PM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Lots of people were happy for you.
You both were in love. Such feelings don't die fast...
Did you gave up too easy, too soon??
they only met once since they were together. So, how deep could it have been? I would not even use the word "love" at all, it was dating in the very early stages.

He realized right away it won't work, he may have given up too easy. But maybe he just saw the red flags right away and acted accordingly.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
they only met once since they were together. So, how deep could it have been? I would not even use the word "love" at all, it was dating in the very early stages.

He realized right away it won't work, he may have given up too easy. But maybe he just saw the red flags right away and acted accordingly.
This. I wasn't aware they'd only met once, but sometimes the thrill of discovery of someone who share's some interests and seems to be on one's wavelength just doesn't pan out. That's the nature of the search process. No harm, no foul.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:47 PM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. I wasn't aware they'd only met once, but sometimes the thrill of discovery of someone who share's some interests and seems to be on one's wavelength just doesn't pan out. That's the nature of the search process. No harm, no foul.
I don't get the whole hype here about the breaking up. A text would have been enough. Other people ghost, so a text is actually curteous.

This whole Dissenter in a relationship thing is so blown out of proportion, I don't even know why everyone gets so crazy over the breakup.

THEY MET ONE TIME since they are "together". ONE TIME!!!! It was BARELY DATING. If that was a relationship, I had hundreds. They probably didnt even bone yet or sleep in the same building.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I don't get the whole hype here about the breaking up. A text would have been enough. Other people ghost, so a text is actually curteous.

This whole Dissenter in a relationship thing is so blown out of proportion, I don't even know why everyone gets so crazy over the breakup.

THEY MET ONE TIME since they are "together". ONE TIME!!!! It was BARELY DATING. If that was a relationship, I had hundreds. They probably didnt even bone yet or sleep in the same building.
Um....how do we know these details? Did I miss something? I thought she was planning to go out to DC to see him there.... Was she flakey?

Old 01-09-2018, 01:09 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
It's really easy to magnify the infatuation stage and jump the gun in LDRs. When you're having to make regular outings to spend time together, everything feels giddy and vacation-like, initially. It's always An Event when you get together, and the whole nature of the relationship allows you to delay normal, day-to-day interaction, so you sometimes get an inaccurate sense of the relationship, or what people are really like.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Um....how do we know these details? Did I miss something? I thought she was planning to go out to DC to see him there.... Was she flakey?
The Dec meeting in her city was because I was going to a show in that city anyway. She was coming to my city in Jan but that was never signed off on. But we had frequent video dates more than the other girl.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
You're finishing up an MA? Congratulations! Where are you thinking of moving to? Wherever the jobs are?
Most likely closer to my mother so I can look in on her since she has health issues (OH, KY, or IN). I have a lot of friends out there and I feel there is nothing I need in DC that makes the higher rent worth it anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships