Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 03:09 PM

946 posts, read 768,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yeah actually I do really like the fact that OLD allows introverts to reach out more easily. I may be an extrovert, but I have met some fascinating introverts that I never would have otherwise.
Interesting.

Ironically, I used to be an extrovert when it came to women. But since the onset of OLD 10-15 years ago, now I'm an introvert. I'm pretty much a loner now. Just to many un-returned messages did me in. It's also made me reluctant to approach anyone in person.

So the reverse affect of someone who was an introvert initially. This extrovert is now an introvert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 03:46 PM

20,328 posts, read 14,552,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
Interesting.

Ironically, I used to be an extrovert when it came to women. But since the onset of OLD 10-15 years ago, now I'm an introvert. I'm pretty much a loner now. Just to many un-returned messages did me in. It's also made me reluctant to approach anyone in person.

So the reverse affect of someone who was an introvert initially. This extrovert is now an introvert.
The ones I'm thinking of are people for whom their home is really a refuge, they have little or no desire to go out in social groups, network, or meet "people" but they do crave the occasional company in a controlled and limited way. One dude I knew, he said "You need to understand. I live alone, but I am not a lonely man." He was perfectly happy to be alone most of the time. Once in a while it pleased him to have a woman come share his space and bed for a time. But he did NOT want to share his life. I really quite enjoyed him, and didn't have a problem with his terms. But then...that is where I was at in that phase of my life.

Old 11-09-2017, 04:28 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,475,052 times
Well, if you count the guys that would message nothing more than a, “sup” as the same as guys who randomly say, “hi” in public and you count serious dates, I’d say the attention is about the same really. During the time I was using OLD I went on dates with two or three more men from online vs met in person. Of course that’s just counting comparing in public when I was online. I’d go long stretches not using online dating. As for meeting people. I met my boyfriend on Match. We’ve been dating more than three years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships