Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 07:31 AM

30 posts, read 15,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Maybe she just didn't find you attractive right then and could not finish the sentence? Maybe she finds you unattractive when you are drunk, or when she is drunk, or when both of you are drunk. Might be a good idea to avoid drinking.

Maybe she likes you but does not find you attractive? Over the years my daughters have dated guys they liked but did not find attractive. Sometimes, over time, they grew to see them as attractive. Sometimes over time, they decided there was never going to be a physical attraction so they moved on.

Maybe she is in her 20s. From my experience, girls that age jump all over the place. One moment "lets go look at rings," a day later, "I am really not into you, a week later," "we should move in together, then "There is only room for one man in my life and that is Jesus Christ" a month later "I just wanted to get you drunk and (*^*&% your eyes out" . . . . .

If that is the case, based on my experience, my advice is run run run run.
It’s weird because she has told me that she thinks I’m good looking a few times of her own volition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Getting drunk on a dateisn’t necessarily weird when you’re young or first dating. Alcohol is tricky stuff and you can get drunker than planned, real fast.

You need to pay attention to a person’s habits and trends in behavior. If a person regularly drinks till blacking out or drinks heavily on a regular basis, a problem is emerging. We don’t start life with risky behaviors, we develop them. Women have a lower tolerance for alcohol, even if some claim they can handle it. Biologically it takes a heavy toll.

You might try dating her a few more times to see what’s going on, but I’m not sure I’d waste time on someone who finds me unattractive.
I wouldn’t want to date someone who finds me unattractive either lol.. I just don’t know if I should believe she meant it. One time when were dancing(before the dates we had) I asked what she likes in a guy and she described what she’s into and said it would be a guy like me. What a wishy washy fool.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:38 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,152,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbplayer View Post
I wouldn’t want to date someone who finds me unattractive either lol.. I just don’t know if I should believe she meant it.
Why would she say it otherwise? Alcohol generally does not compel people to tell bald-face lies. If someone told me that, I wouldn't care if they tried to take it back. Nope.

I also think getting "blackout drunk" on a second date is a terrible harbinger of things to come if you continue to see her. There are plenty of fish in the sea. I'd throw this one back.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Why would she say it otherwise? Alcohol generally does not compel people to tell bald-face lies. If someone told me that, I wouldn't care if they tried to take it back. Nope.

I also think getting "blackout drunk" on a second date is a terrible harbinger of things to come if you continue to see her. There are plenty of fish in the sea, I'd throw this one back.
I guess it boils down to whether or not alcohol is truth serum. I just feel like what’s the point in claiming that she didn’t mean it and saying she’s still interested if she isn’t . Why not just ghost me ?

Old 11-10-2017, 07:45 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,152,762 times
Quote:
I guess it boils down to whether or not alcohol is truth serum. I just feel like what’s the point in claiming that she didn’t mean it and saying she’s still interested if she isn’t . Why not just ghost me ?
You asked "Should I believe this girl?" It sounds like no matter what responses you get, you choose to believe her that she didn't mean it. OK then. Good luck!

Old 11-10-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
You asked "Should I believe this girl?" It sounds like no matter what responses you get, you choose to believe her that she didn't mean it. OK then. Good luck!
I’m not completely convinced of either possibility. I’m inclined to believe her drunken statements were true but if she’s genuinely not interested, why wouldn’t she ghost me?

Old 11-10-2017, 08:02 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
Quote:
I’m not completely convinced of either possibility. I’m inclined to believe her drunken statements were true but if she’s genuinely not interested, why wouldn’t she ghost me?
Leave her alone and ignore her. If she is really interested she will contact you repeatedly.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:02 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
My take is a little different than the majority here. Who knows, I might be wrong...but here goes...

I've been young and drunk before. I've been so drunk, it was all I could do to stay upright, sitting in a barstool, hoping (A) I won't get sick and vomit all over the place, and (B) If I DO have to get up, I can walk.

When I felt like that...I felt no attraction for the guy I was with. All my mental effort is focused on not embarrassing myself. In that moment, I would not have wanted to start making out with my date. And in THAT state of drunkenness...when I'm trying so hard to "act normal" I might not use the exact right words to express that NOW is not the time to start making out.

I've never gotten so drunk that I blacked out...so maybe THAT adds an element that I'm not familiar with...but as far as wondering if she truly finds you attractive...or not, I don't think THIS experience is the litmus test you're afraid that it is.

I'm thinking she just wasn't feeling well, and maybe kissing someone ELSE who was drunk with alcohol on his breath was repulsive IN THE MOMENT, and being drunk, her inhibitions were down, and that's what came out of her mouth.

You MIGHT have a handful of red flags...who knows really. Sometimes young people drink, and drink too much, and eventually learn their limits. Sometimes, it's an indication of future problems...but it's too soon really, to tell.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:05 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,039 times
IMO she was being drunk honest, she doesn't find you that physically attractive.

There must another reason as to why she is seeing you.

If a guy was sexy hot, do you think she would say that or would she jump all over him?

Old 11-10-2017, 08:26 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,182 times
Quote:
Should I believe this girl?
A weird question.

Belief isn't a conscious decision.
You believe her, or you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships