Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 08:28 AM

30 posts, read 15,480 times

Advertisements

Well we’re gonna see each other at class tonight. I’m thinking of telling her what she did that night and asking her “I know you were wasted but honestly, is there any truth about what you said? If so, no hard feelings but if there actually is mutual interest, then I’d love to keep going on dates”
How does that sound?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Getting drunk on a dateisn’t necessarily weird when you’re young or first dating. Alcohol is tricky stuff and you can get drunker than planned, real fast.

You need to pay attention to a person’s habits and trends in behavior. If a person regularly drinks till blacking out or drinks heavily on a regular basis, a problem is emerging. We don’t start life with risky behaviors, we develop them. Women have a lower tolerance for alcohol, even if some claim they can handle it. Biologically it takes a heavy toll.

You might try dating her a few more times to see what’s going on, but I’m not sure I’d waste time on someone who finds me unattractive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
A weird question.

Belief isn't a conscious decision.
You believe her, or you don't.
I guess it should have been “Would it make sense to believe her?”

Old 11-10-2017, 08:31 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You buying?
Oh yeah! The price doesn't matter...

Old 11-10-2017, 08:34 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
It makes sense that you WANT to believe her, but the way you're going about this is very unattractive.

Do you have to bring up all your insecurities??? Just ask her out again and see how it goes. Don't lay all your fears on the table.

Take action, and see what action she takes in return.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:35 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbplayer View Post
The date was her idea. She asked me out to a second date because she said we had a great time on the first one. I don’t understand why she’d do that if she’s not interested lol.:

Maybe it wasn't a date, but she needed a drinking buddy, someone who was fun and a good companion. Nothing more.
Somehow it seem so.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:36 AM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Quote:
I guess it boils down to whether or not alcohol is truth serum. I just feel like what’s the point in claiming that she didn’t mean it and saying she’s still interested if she isn’t . Why not just ghost me ?
Because its a free meal, or date, or night out.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Well we’re gonna see each other at class tonight. I’m thinking of telling her what she did that night and asking her “I know you were wasted but honestly, is there any truth about what you said? If so, no hard feelings but if there actually is mutual interest, then I’d love to keep going on dates”
How does that sound?
This sounds insecure ?

Old 11-10-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It makes sense that you WANT to believe her, but the way you're going about this is very unattractive.

Do you have to bring up all your insecurities??? Just ask her out again and see how it goes. Don't lay all your fears on the table.

Take action, and see what action she takes in return.
I kind of see what you mean. I have this strong urge to get immediate answers from her since I’ve already been on dates with her and discussed potentially being a couple. She even mentioned the possibility of having kids with me kind of jokingly( but I figured it showed she was at least considering dating me).

Old 11-10-2017, 08:50 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
There have been a few threads (plus it's a always been a long standing argument )about whether or not alcohol is a 'truth serum'. Just as many people believe it is as do those who believe you can't trust what a drunk says.
Don't try to figure it out. Just see how things go from now on.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:58 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:
How does that sound?

Didn't you say the 2 of you already talked about this? Look, either you believe her or you don't, but DON'T rehash it all again, because it will most definitely drive it home to her that you're wondering if she's a liar, and you will be shooting yourself in the foot.

You will be shooting yourself in the foot, because you will be coming off as very insecure and needy, and if she wasn't attracted BEFORE please explain how you think she'll feel about you when you come off as a needy baby that needs constant reassurance? Let. It. Go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships