Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 04:13 AM

27 posts, read 24,215 times

Advertisements

I ended it with my FWB not long ago as I had the wrong expecting of how a FWB / casual date should behave. I expected him to have traits that only a boyfriend should have. I do have feelings for him but I also know that we will be incompatible in many ways in a relationship.

I ended it with him telling him the things I didn't like about him and said I didn't think it would go anywhere. I since revisited my expectation and realised i was wrong. I personally wouldn't even do those things for him. And with my current work and financial situation, it would be impossible for me to have a relationship anyway.

I like hanging out with him and do want to see him again. I'm not sure if he would as he hasn't contacted me since. What should my strategy be? It hasn't even been a month yet. Should I wait for a bit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 06:25 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Why wait?
Be upfront and let him know you've thought it over and realized you were wrong.
Of course, a lot of this depends on what you told him you didn't like about him.
If it was stuff about how he handled the relationship, that's one thing.
If any of it was personal you might kiss the idea goodbye.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:28 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Your *strategy* should be to leave the man alone.
You made yourself very clear so you need to keep walking away.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:33 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
So you're horny.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:36 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
So you're horny.
Loved it--and your status line.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:55 AM

639 posts, read 376,326 times
There's nothing wrong with being love buddies when it's obvious that there is no long-term relationship potential between the two as long as it is clear on both sides what the expectations are. Sometimes the chemistry just isn't there outside of the physical.

So the key is communicating this early and often so people don't get misunderstood. Wish the other the best if they find someone and move on.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:44 AM

276 posts, read 178,735 times
In this situation i would have blocked your # and moved on. Sorry. I think fwb is much easier fot guys to not develop a need for committment st some point. Most if my fwb bring this up st some point and i gotta pull away. You did it for this guy. If he isnt replying to your text, time to move on.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:46 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summercocktails View Post
I ended it with my FWB not long ago as I had the wrong expecting of how a FWB / casual date should behave. I expected him to have traits that only a boyfriend should have. I do have feelings for him but I also know that we will be incompatible in many ways in a relationship.

I ended it with him telling him the things I didn't like about him and said I didn't think it would go anywhere. I since revisited my expectation and realised i was wrong. I personally wouldn't even do those things for him. And with my current work and financial situation, it would be impossible for me to have a relationship anyway.

I like hanging out with him and do want to see him again. I'm not sure if he would as he hasn't contacted me since. What should my strategy be? It hasn't even been a month yet. Should I wait for a bit?
Seriously....You've likely already been replaced. Move on.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:04 AM

27 posts, read 24,215 times
It was nothing personal. I was just honest about the way we were and I kinda thought he should have done more even for a FWB. We never had a proper conversation about whether this is a FWB thing tho. I just assume it is.

I will speak to him soon then. Yeah he might have moved on already but worth a try

Old 11-11-2017, 09:34 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
You could try it but my advice: Try to speak up and communicate more about what you want and expect. That way you can avoid coming off as wishy washy and indecisive in the future.

Never assume anything. It just causes complications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships