Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 11:56 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
It's only an affair because we play so much emphasis on marriage and monogamy. If only people started being more candid and honest about their wants and desires maybe we wouldn't have such a high divorce rate as a society to begin with.

No, it has nothing to with what "WE" place emphasis on. It is what the couple promised each other.

If a couple decided to have an open marriage, then fine. When you promise to love and forgo all others, then either your promises mean something or they don't. If you find you no longer want to keep those promises, then you can get divorced. Simple.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 12:02 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,215,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No, it has nothing to with what "WE" place emphasis on. It is what the couple promised each other.

If a couple decided to have an open marriage, then fine. When you promise to love and forgo all others, then either your promises mean something or they don't. If you find you no longer want to keep those promises, then you can get divorced. Simple.
Fair enough, still doesn't change the fact OP should proceed and have some fun. Not his worry or problem at all unless Husband comes after him and tries to kill him. And no that wouldn't be karma, it would be a simple case of cause and effect

Old 11-15-2017, 12:08 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Fair enough, still doesn't change the fact OP should proceed and have some fun. Not his worry or problem at all unless Husband comes after him and tries to kill him. And no that wouldn't be karma, it would be a simple case of cause and effect
Yes he should absolutely do this if he wants to be a low life.

I wouldn't date or have a relationship with someone like that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-15-2017, 12:17 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,215,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes he should absolutely do this if he wants to be a low life.

I wouldn't date or have a relationship with someone like that.
Just because OP might not acknowledge or respect the man made constructed notion of marriage doesn't make him a low life. He wasn't the one who made the vows and promises he couldn't keep. That's basically the same thing as saying anyone who doesn't acknowledge or celebrate Christmas is a low life, when if fact many people don't.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Just because OP might not acknowledge or respect the man made constructed notion of marriage doesn't make him a low life.
ROFL so now he's a sovereign citizen? Is that where you're trying to go with this?

You've jumped on this thread and put words in HIS mouth to rationalize YOUR pet point. So much maneuvering in order to justify something that even the OP admits is wrong. He just asked for advice on how not to feel guilty about it.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:46 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,198 times
My advice, and this comes from experience...STAY AWAY!

Nothing good can ever become of it. I was involved with a MW once and it ended badly.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:12 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
In the absence of morality, all we're left with is self interest. So. Is it in the OP's best self interest, to have sex with a married woman?

Well, from an instant gratification standpoint it is, especially if sexual opportunities aren't easy for him to come by. But there is a great deal of risk, of very unpleasant outcomes, which in my opinion are not worth it at all. Everything from the husband finding out and doing harm, to her getting all attached and breaking up her marriage and trying to move on claiming the OP, and a hundred shades of drama in between.

But what do I know, I guess...I'm female and sex isn't very difficult for me to get. It is not worth drama to get. Not worth inviting messy people (deceivers, or those with serious life issues like a marriage about to implode) into my life.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:28 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Op do you not watch or read the news? There is always some husband killing the other guy. Don’t be that guy!

Old 11-15-2017, 05:39 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
The fact that you aren't policing yourself and are of the character type that would even consider such a dastardly deed says a lot about you. Look, take a look at yourself and make a change. You're looking mighty ugly and desperate!

Old 11-16-2017, 11:43 PM

6 posts, read 12,460 times
Her husband may not give her what she wants, but he may give you (both) what you dont want if found out. It will rapidly turn into the most stressful situation in your life. She loves her husband, she will never love you the way she loves her husband. You may think now it doesnt matter, but it will eventually, almost guaranteed. You are single, she is the one hiding, so you get sex when she wants it, not when you want it. She will also continue to have sex with her husband. Even if it is from time to time to keep off any suspicion and you eventually "wont like" that. When you are sitting around waiting on her, and she is going out with her husband, you wont like that either. There are a whole bunch of things you will eventually "not like" to say the least. What she is doing, and by your description, I can almost guarantee, whether you believe it or not, you are not her "first time" cheating. She will probably be cheating on you while cheating with you on her husband. You dont matter except for one thing, period. It ain't worth the stress for the one not cheating so the one cheating can get their jollies.

Well that's my guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships