Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 06:50 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,712,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I just don't know how to attract higher quality guys.
have you tried squats and deadlifts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 08:35 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,788,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That's true, but you still might like to take a little road trip...
Not even kidding.
Road trip to where?

Old 11-20-2017, 10:01 AM

651 posts, read 407,391 times
I am slightly confused by your use of "quality man" term. The things you're looking for are pretty basic indeed but I dont think that thats generally what is meant by the term.

I think "quality man" implies superior genetics more than anything. That includes looks, good hair, full beards, high testosterone, etc... I also think that one cannot become that. Its something that you are born with. I am a decent looking guy and hit everything on your list, but really I am just an average person and women dont typically stand in line to meet me, at least not the kind of women that interest me. So I am staying alone, even though it makes me sad sometimes.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:50 AM

48,510 posts, read 34,783,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Oh I see. I remember a tradition just like that in the lunchroom when I was in middle school. That really takes me back.

Your middle school had a bar? Jealous.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-20-2017, 05:49 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,377,452 times
The cool kids pretended there was one and used dixie cups. The rest of us thought it was kinda lame, though.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:03 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,377,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
I am slightly confused by your use of "quality man" term. The things you're looking for are pretty basic indeed but I dont think that thats generally what is meant by the term.

I think "quality man" implies superior genetics more than anything. That includes looks, good hair, full beards, high testosterone, etc... I also think that one cannot become that. Its something that you are born with. I am a decent looking guy and hit everything on your list, but really I am just an average person and women dont typically stand in line to meet me, at least not the kind of women that interest me. So I am staying alone, even though it makes me sad sometimes.
I think the standards you mention early in your post are that of quality. I remember a thread from way back that talked about nice guys vs. good men.

Old 11-21-2017, 03:37 AM

24,554 posts, read 18,214,965 times
Upsadaisy is from small town Carolinas where most guys with any potential and drive move to a place with better economic opportunities. I’ve always been an upsadaisy cheerleader. She was dealt a tough hand in life and it’s tough to escape the cycle of southern small town poverty. The only path out is education. The suggestions here that she work on herself first and worry about dating later are exactly right.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:29 PM

24,554 posts, read 18,214,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You may have misunderstood her, but it would be good if the OP could clarify. I read her post as saying she had to help out her mom with kids & babies. According to her profile, the OP is only 21.
I believe the kids and babies were taken from her sister. Upsadaisy was living under the same roof with her mother, her sister, maybe her brother-in-law, and her sister's children. She was trying to do the right thing for the children in the face of big alcohol and drug problems in the household.

If somebody deserves to have some good things happen in their life, it's upsadaisy.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:04 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,148,986 times
I think some here are selling McDonald's a little short. I had a cousin who worked there in management for years before entering nursing school. Out of curiosity, I did a quick Google search and found that they provide education assistance to their employees.

Training and Education

Archways to Opportunity
Quote:
At McDonald’s we are committed to helping employees further their education and achieve their dreams.

To help anyone who works at a company-owned or independently franchised restaurant, we created Archways to Opportunity, a comprehensive education strategy with multiple programs that give people an opportunity to grow and learn – no matter where they are on their journey.
Quote:
Programs are available to McDonald’s employees and the employees of participating independent franchisees. Here are just a few ways Archways to Opportunity can help employees on the path to success:

Improve English skills
Earn a high school diploma
Work toward a college degree
Get help making an education plan for success
I think the OP has done a lot to better her situation already just by getting away from her dysfunctional family and securing gainful employment once again. Daisy, I think you should consider taking your job seriously (cut way back on the chit-chat, no dating managers or co-workers) and take advantage of the educational assistance that is offered via these various programs -- if available at your location. Is it a company owned location or a franchise?

This post isn't helpful to your dating question, but as others have pointed out, if you focus on bettering yourself you stand a better chance of attracting a higher quality person.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:47 PM

30 posts, read 30,671 times
OP are you good looking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships