Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 02:58 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
This ain't the 1980s. I know plenty of gay/bi men and not one of them has ever had an STD, let alone HIV or AIDS. Your chances of getting AIDS are very slim if you are well versed about having safe sex.

Ignorant crap like this is exactly why you have things like the down low and dudes stay in the closet forever.
We were just talking the other night in my grad program about the misconception that AIDS is no longer a concern, and that is a thing of the 80s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 04:42 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Yes you should divulge your bisexuality as a test, OP, and proceed with the women who pass.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:20 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
EVERYONE should get tested - no reason to limit it to just bisexuals.
True, but according to the CDC, gay and bisexual men account 70% of all new HIV cases. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see how different populations stack up.

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/index.html

Old 11-18-2017, 04:47 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~A New Me~ View Post
As a woman I would be pissed pissed pissed if after a first date that went well and I'm excited/hoping to go on a second date, only to learn that you are bi. This has absolutely nothing to do with promiscuity and monogamy. What is does have to with is the fact that I am not attracted in any way shape or form to a man who can sleep with another man.

Your ex was ignorant, and she was also one woman in billions of women. You absolutely need to tell someone on the first date, maybe even before the first date. Why waste their time and yours if that is a deal breaker for them? Keep looking for someone who will accept you.

Pretty much this. So many arguments on why women don't consider bi men except this is the biggest turn off..

Old 11-18-2017, 11:26 PM

860 posts, read 1,109,414 times
Yes. Many women don't want to date a bisexual man.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:27 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
True, but according to the CDC, gay and bisexual men account 70% of all new HIV cases. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see how different populations stack up.

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/index.html
...common knowledge.

If it was at least 90% instead of 70% that might impact my actions...30% is still enough of a risk that I'd get tested for sure -do you go to Vegas a lot or just bury your head in the sand?

Old 11-19-2017, 06:38 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,870 times
Yes. Disclosure ....before things go too far.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:20 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,783,535 times
Don't ask don't tell.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:58 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,240,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Don't ask don't tell.
There are a lot of guys who do that because they know that no woman in her right mind finds it attractive that some guy sank his meat a possibly pumped a load into her boyfriend’s ass, considering condom usage is down among guys who do that. OTOH if her boyfriend was topping some guy, no woman in her right mind would want that thing inside her either, no matter how many “douches” his bottom boi used. So either miss a chance, or keep quiet.

Everyone is thinking it, but I am saying it.

Some women want to talk and appear all open minded but that is just a front. Amusing to see how fast their opinion changes when faced with reality.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:11 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
I had a horrible experience with my ex. She used to make fun of me being bi and she used to say stuff like, "I know you will give me some kinda disease because you are bi" and then bust out laughing as if that was funny. It is no secret that MOST women hate bi men with a passion. I already have the odds stacked against me because I don't want children plus I am into women a lot older than me (and I don't want to marry) and the combination of all that stuff makes it harder to find someone.

Should I just tell them on the first date that I am bi? Lol guess I better be prepared to spend the rest of my life alone.

Really...I don't think it's necessary. It seems like, to me, that your dating issues are no different than anyone else's really.

Almost all of us have a sexual history. We choose to share, or we don't. When I was dating, I didn't go into a lot of detail about how many partners I had before.

I would however, take an HIV test and make sure you're clean. Guys having sex with guys IS more likely to pass and receive the HIV virus...so you should do that. But other than that...I wouldn't volunteer the information that you're bi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships