Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:03 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times

Advertisements

Oh lordy I'm sorry dear one but I would not want you in my life. Infidelity is infidelity and I'm not into sharing. I'm sure a lot of people feel this way so it's best to be upfront about your sexuality in the beginning. Maybe you'll find a bisexual woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 12:16 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,222 times
Yes you should, be upfront sooner rather than later. As you stated, most women have qualms in dating bisexual men, your sexual preference is their business if they gonna date you. They deserve to know as much as yourself deserve a fair chance.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:24 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,811,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Oh lordy I'm sorry dear one but I would not want you in my life. Infidelity is infidelity and I'm not into sharing. I'm sure a lot of people feel this way so it's best to be upfront about your sexuality in the beginning. Maybe you'll find a bisexual woman?
Just because I'm bi doesn't mean I am going to cheat. A straight man could cheat on you too. Don't forget that

Old 11-16-2017, 12:31 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If you tell a woman you are bi, forget about getting any subsequent dates, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Is this a serious question? Some girls would outright DROP you, so yes, you need to let that be known.
OP if you are just dating for fun and are playing it safe when you are swordfighting with dudes then i don't feel like she has to know. BUT be extremely outright in stating that this relationship is just casual.

Society is harder on bi and gay males.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:39 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,572,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I disagree. It should be before things get serious.

Disclosing your sexual preference should be right up there with "I don't ever plan to marry....and I don't want children, and I don't believe in monogamy.

IMO Well before you get serious enough to be exclusive.

Also OP, aren't there dating sites or social sites that would be ways to meet other bi people. That may be something that you should explore.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^ Why waste your time or their's?

Old 11-16-2017, 02:48 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I wouldn't lead with it right off the bat, but it probably would be a good thing to let someone know a tad sooner than later. Some women might get turned off by it and there's no point in wasting anothers time. Like I said don't lead off with it, no "Hi, I'm john and I swing both ways." Sorry your last gf was a bit ignorant of how things in life work by the way.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:05 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Maybe for you. We aren't the same. If I'm having sexual relations with a girl, that means she better be exclusive with me.

Maybe you like your girl to be getting with other dudes and girls while you're paying her all that money and dating and doing all that, and basically letting her walk all over your back, but that's YOU.

Not me.
Then you better have "the talk" with her and not make assumptions...and yeah, be sure you're exclusive too.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:06 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
You’re unusual, but not a pariah.

If you meet someone you think is compatible, you should disclose what’s important:

If you’re committed to someone, you don’t sleep around.
You don’t want to get married.
You’re bisexual, and willing to be tested to prove you’re healthy.
EVERYONE should get tested - no reason to limit it to just bisexuals.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:34 PM

993 posts, read 1,766,491 times
Ignoring all of the biphobic crap in this thread.. why would you want to be with someone that doesn’t accept a big part of who you are?? If they have a problem with it, you probably dodged a bullet.

Lol at all of the people thinking that bisexual people are basically prostitutes with no self-control that sleep with anything that moves. They aren’t any different than heteros except they think both sexes are hot. I’m sure all you”active” straights (wtf do you even mean by talking about OP being active??) have ran into people you were attracted to, yet somehow managed to not sleep with them . I hope you realize how foolish some of you sound. .

Old 11-17-2017, 07:09 AM

128 posts, read 208,060 times
As a woman I would be pissed pissed pissed if after a first date that went well and I'm excited/hoping to go on a second date, only to learn that you are bi. This has absolutely nothing to do with promiscuity and monogamy. What is does have to with is the fact that I am not attracted in any way shape or form to a man who can sleep with another man.

Your ex was ignorant, and she was also one woman in billions of women. You absolutely need to tell someone on the first date, maybe even before the first date. Why waste their time and yours if that is a deal breaker for them? Keep looking for someone who will accept you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships