Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 06:12 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanji View Post
bump
Why? What else are you hoping to hear?? We’ve said everything there is to say — he’s not into her, she’s a drama queen, and you need to butt out.

P.S. It’s rude to bump your own thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 11:08 AM

37 posts, read 64,113 times
Just had a message from my friend complaining that her followers are unfollowing her on her twitter account.

I tried to resonate with her that her twitter account consists of her followers aligned to her professional industry and that retweeting all content from her partners account who is in law enforcement will loose her a lot of followers as his tweets will not be relevant to them.

Are there any therapist out there, I am beginning to feel concerned that this man is manipulating and brainwashing her. How could love be this blind????

Old 11-25-2017, 11:13 AM

6,453 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Are there any therapist out there

For you or for her?

Old 11-25-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
For you or for her?
It is sometimes very exhausting to have to read some of the negative responses.

Old 11-25-2017, 02:34 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,228 times
Quote:
Just had a message from my friend complaining that her followers are unfollowing her on her twitter account.

I tried to resonate with her that her twitter account consists of her followers aligned to her professional industry and that retweeting all content from her partners account who is in law enforcement will loose her a lot of followers as his tweets will not be relevant to them.

Are there any therapist out there, I am beginning to feel concerned that this man is manipulating and brainwashing her. How could love be this blind????
Your "friend" seems to be quite willing to participate in this "relationship" – I don't see how the guy is "manipulating and brainwashing" her. Manipulation can also be posting all of those messages about lack of respect and care, etc., so she's playing right along.

Has she asked you directly for your opinion? Do you actually see her in person or is this all online?

She will have to save herself or go down with the ship. You seem overinvolved.

Old 11-25-2017, 02:41 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:

You have already been advised to stop following her/reading the responses.
I do believe it would take a hellova lot of something different for me to post anything more in your thread about your friend.
Have fun making yourself miserable over it.

Old 11-25-2017, 02:42 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Tell your friend you don’t want to hear about this anymore and stop looking st people’s Facebook drama

Old 11-25-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
Your "friend" seems to be quite willing to participate in this "relationship" – I don't see how the guy is "manipulating and brainwashing" her. Manipulation can also be posting all of those messages about lack of respect and care, etc., so she's playing right along.

Has she asked you directly for your opinion? Do you actually see her in person or is this all online?

She will have to save herself or go down with the ship. You seem overinvolved.
In response to your questions, I see her regularly as we work together and have known her since we were kids. She does not listen to my advice I offer her as a friend, I don't want to upset her but she is not happy and is always stressed out.
(quote)
Manipulation can also be posting all of those messages about lack of respect and care, etc., so she's playing right along.
I have never really thought of it like that. I saw it as her being hurt, her venting online, then posting, him feeling guilty, they make up, but the cycle keeps repeating itself.

I feel embarrassed for her as she keeps retweeting all of his tweets and likes, people are unfollowing her and it just doesn't look healthy. I tried to explain to her by liking everything he posts and tweets will not encourage him to like her more and try to be herself. Surely, he should point that out to her too or is it a case that he enjoys his ego being stroked, all the while there is absolutely no interaction coming from him. He completely dismisses and ignores her online, it appears that she is invisible to him.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:22 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,228 times
Quote:
In response to your questions, I see her regularly as we work together and have known her since we were kids. She does not listen to my advice I offer her as a friend, I don't want to upset her but she is not happy and is always stressed out.
(quote)
Manipulation can also be posting all of those messages about lack of respect and care, etc., so she's playing right along.
I have never really thought of it like that. I saw it as her being hurt, her venting online, then posting, him feeling guilty, they make up, but the cycle keeps repeating itself.

I feel embarrassed for her as she keeps retweeting all of his tweets and likes, people are unfollowing her and it just doesn't look healthy. I tried to explain to her by liking everything he posts and tweets will not encourage him to like her more and try to be herself. Surely, he should point that out to her too or is it a case that he enjoys his ego being stroked, all the while there is absolutely no interaction coming from him. He completely dismisses and ignores her online, it appears that she is invisible to him.
I appreciate your compassion for your friend but as you have tried and tried to explain to her and she doesn't want to hear you, there is nothing more you can do.

I think you already know this.

You can't make her see a therapist, you cannot make her do anything – even understanding her part in this debacle if she will not help herself. This guy and what he is doing almost doesn't matter. "Happiness" will elude her as long as she cannot see her part in this mess and remove herself from his influence. That would mean not following his Twitter, Facebook or mutual "friends." But only she can do this. She is participating in making her stress.

I suggest that you pull back, offer no more advice, and don't give her an ear to complain about him. (I know this will be difficult for you.) Change the subject if she does. See what happens.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:11 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
It's even more exhausting to read all the rants you have about a grown-up woman whose business is none of your affair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships