Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 07:52 PM

16 posts, read 11,625 times

Advertisements

Hello guys, I've been in a long-distance relationship for not too long now, around 2-3 months. We got together back in April when we lived closed to each other until August. So in total, around 7-8 months. Recently, we both have moved away from each other for different universities, and were fairly young (both 18). We live about 5-6 hours away from each other.

Lately, I haven't been worrying too much about her and being unfaithful, but recently she made friends with this guy, and they seem to hangout sometimes. Part of her program requires her to do online quizzes in courses like physics or chemistry, etc... So they end up hanging out together SOLO in their residence room, and go on laptops and do the quizzes together for extended periods of time. Now, at first, I didn't really question it and didn't worry too much about it, but she would always tell me "Yeah I'm going over to his to help him with quizzes" or "hes coming over so I can help him with the quiz". One time she spend pretty much the WHOLE day doing quizzes, which didn't seem realistic to me, and she said I was just paranoid (and this gave me the red flag, saying I was paranoid over nothing). She didn't seem to care about the fact that it kinda made me uncomfortable when she said she was just hanging out in her room with this guy, doing quizzes. I know it sounds stupid, but part of me didn't believe that it was JUST homework, especially when it takes that long. Another part that I might be overthinking, is that it's usually on a Friday or a Saturday. Who does homework on the weekends instead of during the week? Another big red flag I found was that when HIM, my girlfriend and her friend all slept together in the same room, and apparently he slept on the floor, but I dont know if that makes any sense to me.

Now I could TOTALLY be wrong and just assuming something out of nothing, but it's spiked my curiosity and I think I need other people's opinions rather than my own "paranoia". What do you guys think?

Last edited by Aeron; 11-18-2017 at 08:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 07:55 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,453 times
For me I've learned over the years my gut is the most reliable indicator and so I really consider hat

Old 11-18-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
For me I've learned over the years my gut is the most reliable indicator and so I really consider hat
I have a pretty strong gut feeling about it to be honest, I try and not let myself get paranoid, but I just can't seem to think that she must be. Some of the stuff just doesn't make any sense

Old 11-18-2017, 07:58 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Having been a college freshman in the past, I'd say your gut isn't too far off the mark.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:02 PM

Another thing I forgot to mention, we both REALLY love each other and have plans to visit eachother, and other future plans like summer, etc.. we always text, we have phone calls almost every night, we're really passionate

I just feel like sometimes she lies to me about things, and she has lied to me about little things and I feel that eventually it's going to unfold to a BIG lie, such that she was being unfaithful the whole time during the Long-Distance Relationship. I'm just afraid that if it's just a big game and I'm being played

Old 11-18-2017, 08:07 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
Another thing I forgot to mention, we both REALLY love each other and have plans to visit eachother, and other future plans like summer, etc.. we always text, we have phone calls almost every night, we're really passionate

I just feel like sometimes she lies to me about things, and she has lied to me about little things and I feel that eventually it's going to unfold to a BIG lie, such that she was being unfaithful the whole time during the Long-Distance Relationship. I'm just afraid that if it's just a big game and I'm being played
Honestly, you two are awfully young to be in a long-distance relationship.

You have too much to experience, too many new people to meet, to tie yourselves down to someone 5 hours away.

Love makes it hard to walk away, but if you have suspicions that are going to make you constantly question her, then you don't trust her, and love cannot overcome that. You owe it to yourself and to her to pull away and date other people while you're apart.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:53 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
Not really much you can do about it, you both are too young and inexperienced, you live too far away.

My advice, dont take it so serious, find other girls to date, keep talking to her if you wish.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:21 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Out of sight out of mind. Sorry bro but maybe your gut is not wrong. If she is spending time with this one guy all the time then she is probably hooking up or could at anytime with the help of alcohol. The other guy is going to try everything to get in her pants unless the guy is gay. You're in a lose-lose situation. If you keep hounding her on this dude and her hanging out so much alone with him, etc. She will flip it on you by saying that you don't trust her and how relationships need trust, you're paranoid, etc. If you allow it to continue, she will get bold and hook up with the guy out of loneliness, etc. She is in the power position. She has the other guy on a hook (so if she wanted to hook up, have sex, etc it would be easy to do) and she still has you at home. She has a plan A and B.

You are 18. IMO, you should not be looking for a long-term marriage relationship. Have fun, date around but be honest with yourself and the lady. IMO, long distance relationships are difficult to make work. (especially if you and your girlfriend are surrounded by temptation.)

Old 11-19-2017, 06:23 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
It’s time for you both to start dating other people. You’re short-changing your college experience when part of your time and attention is focused elsewhere. It’ll be okay.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:34 AM

212 posts, read 162,306 times
You don't shake the crazy tree without getting crazy fruit so yes it sounds like she has found someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships