Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 11:31 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,980,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanji View Post
Please discuss,

Moods, behaviour, general treatment etc.

What can one generally expect.
Are you suggesting that a person's character/personality is dependant on the star sign?

Mind you, I had similar characteristics to my father. Must be because we had similar star signs. The fact that there could be a genetic connection ..... no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 05:56 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,312,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
You need to find out his Venus & moon sign. Venus for love and moon for how he deals with emotions. If his Venus is in Air sign, Gemini/Aquarius/Libra I would run lol.
This! My daughter is a Cancer sun sign and she is very nurturing. But rather than color all Cancer sun signs the same you would have to read how the time they're born affects their personality. And astrology aside, there's always the old 'nature versus nurture' reality of a person's characteristics and personality.

Also OP, if I didn't have these books (written by Gary Goldschneider & Joost Elffers) I wouldn't recommend them, at the very least they are an interesting and entertaining read.

Have fun and 'take it with a grain of salt.'

The Secret Language of Birthdays

Secret Language

The Secret Language of Relationships

The Secret Language of Relationships

Old 11-25-2017, 07:52 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,573,964 times
My Dad was a Cancer. He was very polite, kind, smart and artistic. He was also private, quiet, cared a LOT about his family, but unfortunately let my Aries mother dominate. After they divorced he came into his own and his life got better and better. He loved the ocean and had a 40 foot sailboat. There were over 400 friends who attended his funeral.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:34 AM

88,528 posts, read 84,719,546 times
I was married to one. Abusive, self-centered alcoholic, but a lot of fun at parties.

I don't think it had anything to do with his birth date.

My father was also a cancer. Quiet, intelligent, and pleasant man.

Don't go by the sign.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:53 AM

20,368 posts, read 14,644,040 times
If there is anything to this (and I've always been on the fence, I find it interesting but...I just cannot go for it, astrology in general, 100% without reservation...) then it would completely depend on who you're interacting with, too.

Almost all of my best and closest friends have been Cancers. I love all water signs, as a general rule, but I've had some really dear Cancer friends (male and female both.) The men tend to be quieter than the women. Like the men...if you don't know them, you might not know what they're thinking, they are very quiet and have that sort of poker face. But they're really sensitive and loving under there. All, men and women both, are great listeners. But the women are more active listeners and more likely to show reactions, to commiserate and keep me talking. Cancers really stroke my ego because they almost always think I'm cool (the ones I know in person.) However, once they find love, I know now to write off the friendship. Like just hug and kiss them goodbye and wish them all the best. Because a Cancer in love does not have room for that friendship we had before, they will be focusing on their partner. It's for me to be happy for them and just accept it and fade out gracefully.

I'm a Capricorn. My moon is in Cancer. So that is how I interact with Cancers.

But that can only speak to my interactions with them...not anyone else's experiences. I happen to also know that I need to avoid air signs like the plague, since my interactions with them never end well and usually cause me great grief. I will never again, should I find myself available to date, consider a Libra. But! That doesn't mean they are bad. Just not good FOR ME.

However, I don't consider this stuff to be absolute. Like part of me has all of these observations and sees patterns, and the other part of me says it's all nonsense. *shrug* Believe what ya want. I don't know.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:50 PM

127 posts, read 90,607 times
I dating a cancer guy once. It didn't turn out well. He only saw me as the girlfriend/mistress type. Plus he was needy and clingy, and wanted a girlfriend because he thought that having one would make him more popular. (He wants to be a famous rapper.) I eventually left him and only spoke to him once after I blocked him, and of course, I blocked him again after that brief conversation. He kept begging me to come back, and I refused to. On and off, he has tried reconnecting with me, but I just keep blocking him.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:37 PM

23,217 posts, read 29,026,930 times
Negative characteristics of Cancer:

Brooding, touchy, too easily hurt, negative, manipulative, too cautious, lazy, selfish, feeling sorry for self

Positive characteristics of Cancer:

Tenacious, intuitive, maternal, domestic, sensitive, retentive, sympathetic, emotional, patriotic, good memory, traditional

Cancerians can do a switch at any time, wanting to mother someone, and, just the opposite, wanting to be mothered.

It's also the most insecure sign of the zodiac, looking for the most secure jobs the planet has to offer. No risk taker, that's for sure, unless there's some fire in the chart.

I work in the nursing field, and the nursing field is saturated with strongly flavored Cancerian types, and why? Not because they make good nurses, but because they believe it's the most secure job they can find.

At one point, with 5 of us CNA's on the night shift, 4 were Cancerian sun signs.

I once told a nurse: you have some Cancer in your chart!

Nurse: No, I'm a Leo! (one's sun sign will never tell you much about someone)

Ok, I'll look up your placements!

Sun/Mercury in Leo, Moon in Sagittarius, Venus-Mars-Jupiter, all in Cancer!

Old 11-28-2017, 03:16 AM

37 posts, read 64,042 times
So....in short what you have all contributed above cancer horoscope star signs
- have a reputation for being extremely emotionally manipulative. Often they’ll use subtle tactics, hints, and guilt trips to get their way in a quiet and diplomatic way without the other person realizing what’s going on at the time.

- Tend to mirror alot, mimick and rephrase

- can be moody, sulky and clingy,overly suspicious, sensitive, pessimistic, and at times depressive , secretive, narcissistic liars

- aswell as possessive and jealous

Great listners, intuiative, family orientated

Old 11-28-2017, 03:26 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Anyone can be any of the things you listed above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
Character traits are not limited to one Zodiac sign or the other.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:31 AM

23,217 posts, read 29,026,930 times
Manipulation comes with all 3 of the water signs, Cancer-Scorpio-Pisces. Cancer is the first of the water signs, the least professional of the manipulators, Cancerian manipulations are easy to detect, they have a smell to them, oftentimes starting with a cry, pouting, detectable emotional silences.

They could take a lesson from the last of the water signs, Pisces, the master manipulator, the most mysterious/spiritual sign, where there's no smell to them, and you might not know you were manipulated by them for years afterwards! They're that good at it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships