Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 11:33 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I hate to say this, but it sounds like you may be the reason the date didn't go very well. Put yourself in his shoes, he drove a long way and you were, according to you, coming off as bitchy or uninterested.

An hour distance is only an issue if you are not both willing to make an effort. My husband and I initially lived about 45 mins apart.
I agree. The OP was not really in the mood, which might have been why the date felt he had to sustain the conversation during dinner. Then she picked a place she didn’t end up liking, which is hardly his fault.

The best option now is just to try to meet after work since you are both already in the same area. You can either do a Friday so you don’t have to worry about being out late, or a weekday if you want to keep it shorter. I don’t think the distance is a huge deal. Particularly in a larger city, many people are going to be a distance from their jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 11:49 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I get what you're saying, but only two dates in I wouldn't feel comfortable getting sexual with him just yet and having him stay over or vice versa.
Oh, I didn't mean to have sex with him now, or anytime soon, but eventually, that would be an issue. So if you like him date after work, like a Friday night, and see how it goes.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:56 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I agree. The OP was not really in the mood, which might have been why the date felt he had to sustain the conversation during dinner. Then she picked a place she didn’t end up liking, which is hardly his fault.

The best option now is just to try to meet after work since you are both already in the same area. You can either do a Friday so you don’t have to worry about being out late, or a weekday if you want to keep it shorter. I don’t think the distance is a huge deal. Particularly in a larger city, many people are going to be a distance from their jobs.
Sounds reasonable

Can you take turns traveling the distance, bebe? Offer to come his way next time?

Old 11-27-2017, 08:04 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times
Weird thing happened today, he texted me earlier today telling me about his night and asking me how my day is going, I responded and asked how his was going....no response. This exchange happened 6 hours ago. The longest it’s ever taken him to respond is maybe 2 hours. I’d say he lost interest, but then why bother texting me?

Old 11-27-2017, 08:32 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Don't give up, bebe. Listen, how about inviting him to dinner for two at your place. He can cook (that could be fun, him trying to navigate your kitchen) - or
you cook. Or you grab a takeaway or something. Just do something. Then he goes home. No sex involved just yet. Just thought.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:16 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Weird thing happened today, he texted me earlier today telling me about his night and asking me how my day is going, I responded and asked how his was going....no response. This exchange happened 6 hours ago. The longest it’s ever taken him to respond is maybe 2 hours. I’d say he lost interest, but then why bother texting me?
6 hours? don't do this. Was he at work? People do other things all day long. Wait for a response before you begin to interpret.
Also: do you even want to see him again?
If so, show a little enthusiasm!

Old 11-27-2017, 09:24 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
6 hours? don't do this. Was he at work? People do other things all day long. Wait for a response before you begin to interpret.
Also: do you even want to see him again?
If so, show a little enthusiasm!
Yes!

OP, it's not over. He messaged you! But since you feel you gave him a bad date, you take the next step and invite him out. Like I said earlier - to your place for dinner after work or something. Go for it! Don't let him slip away.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:04 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Dates have hiccups. I don't think dates always go off perfect like we envision them. I'm dating a single mom of 2 kids right now and to say it's been hard for me, is a bit of an understatement. You almost have to take all expectations away and almost not care how things turn out for few weeks or months. You're not in each other's backyards, so things are going to come up and you're going to be dealing with situations that will impact your dynamic early on. A long distance relationship is hard before you ever even meet. Not only does it take planning and coordinating, but you also have to figure out how to not be disappointed when plans fall through. It's a hard dynamic to balance, but it can work if both people want it too. That's the key though. Both people have to want it to work.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:27 AM

6,560 posts, read 8,391,660 times
Quote:
I hate to say this, but it sounds like you may be the reason the date didn't go very well. Put yourself in his shoes, he drove a long way and you were, according to you, coming off as bitchy or uninterested.

An hour distance is only an issue if you are not both willing to make an effort. My husband and I initially lived about 45 mins apart.
I agree with CapsChick, OP.

What to do? Go on a 3rd date! But you initiate and offer to go to him.

My husband and I lived 90 minutes apart for the first 1 1/2 years of our relationship. If both want it to work, it can work.

Last edited by HokieFan; 11-28-2017 at 06:41 AM..

Old 11-28-2017, 07:34 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Quote:

I agree with this. He drove an hour to see you, was enthusiastic, seemed to have a great time with you, went to a place you suggested, and it's like you're annoyed at him for whatever reason because it wasn't as built up as it was in your head.

Just curious, what exactly was the OP expecting? I whirlwind night of romance? Because to me, it sounds like the OP was just tired and having an off night....but I don't get why you're blaming the guy unless he was annoying or a bad kisser or something along those lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships