Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 08:56 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
he just responded, but no explanation as to why it took so long to answer, other than mentioning he worked til 10pm last night, but he can text at work, he always does.
Who cares why it took so long? Why is this relevant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 09:03 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Who cares why it took so long? Why is this relevant?
Because it's not like him, prior to this it would never take him longer than an hour or two to respond, and his texts just sounded more engaging. I also feel that its inconsiderate/disrespectful to text someone back almost a day later without any explanation or apology.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:20 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
I also feel that its inconsiderate/disrespectful to text someone back almost a day later without any explanation or apology.
Good Lawd. Just cut the guy loose, he can't win.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:33 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Do not, do not, do freakin' NOT, be one of those that starts taking someone not texting back on your imaginary timetable as an indication of anything unless the reply never comes at all!

Old 11-28-2017, 09:41 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Quote:
And as I'm typing he just responded, but no explanation as to why it took so long to answer, other than mentioning he worked til 10pm last night, but he can text at work, he always does.
He kinda did explain it to you.

Also, why does he need to explain why it took so long for him to text? This whole topic is about you just having your second date. You're not in a relationship yet.

I kinda believe your expectations are already set at a high level and that's what's ruining things with this guy off the bat. You're too focused on something in the future instead of just being in the present. If he was busy with work, he was busy with work. He doesn't need to explain anything further than that. People get busy with life.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:44 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
He sounds like he was a really good sport, in spite of your not being much in the mood for a date, and your not liking the band or crowd after dinner. By your description, he was really making an effort to see that both of you had a good time. This sounds like a good guy, except possibly for the talking about himself part. (Even if there was nervousness on the first date, by the 2nd date, if he's at least somewhat into you, he should be tuning into you more, trying to get to know you.) Anyway, it sounds like the reason things didn't click on the 2nd date has more to do with your not really being up for a date at that particular time. And in addition to that, the 2nd venue didn't work for you, which happens sometimes; shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

But at this point, you may not have a choice of a third date. Either he's waiting until you have your vacation and return, to suggest another date, or he's not into it, in which case, you could suggest getting together, and see how he responds.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:47 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
He kinda did explain it to you.

Also, why does he need to explain why it took so long for him to text? This whole topic is about you just having your second date. You're not in a relationship yet.

I kinda believe your expectations are already set at a high level and that's what's ruining things with this guy off the bat. You're too focused on something in the future instead of just being in the present. If he was busy with work, he was busy with work. He doesn't need to explain anything further than that. People get busy with life.
If it were me and it took me a day to respond at this point I would apologize for the late response. I'm not saying this is a deal breaker, I'm just saying I've been exchanging texts him for about 3 weeks and this is not like him.

I agree neither of us owe each other anything at this point, however I would've just appreciated a little common courtesy here.

I just feel our texts have been different since Saturday night, but I guess understandably so. Maybe both of us feel the same way, and are just not sure if we want to give this another shot.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:52 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Yes, the poor guy is tired of driving! Next date meet him halfway.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:53 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
If it were me and it took me a day to respond at this point I would apologize for the late response. I'm not saying this is a deal breaker, I'm just saying I've been exchanging texts him for about 3 weeks and this is not like him.

I agree neither of us owe each other anything at this point, however I would've just appreciated a little common courtesy here.

I just feel our texts have been different since Saturday night, but I guess understandably so. Maybe both of us feel the same way, and are just not sure if we want to give this another shot.

You sound like you still want to give it another shot but you're afraid he might not want to so you're convincing yourself that you might not want to either, to cushion the blow. Wait a couple of days and suggest a get together this weekend...one where you drive out to meet him.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:04 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Quote:

Again, this is why I say to stop texting so much and just be direct and see if he wants to meet up again. Honestly, though, the vibe I'm getting sounds like you're only posting about this to talk yourself out of seeing him again. You had a second date so something good must've happened, and you're going out of town and he knows that.

Besides the lack of texting, what exactly don't you like about him? Because it seems like you are trying to talk yourself out of liking this guy for whatever reason. And us guys can sense when a girl does that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships