Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 03:10 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times

Advertisements

Suck it up buttercup, and tell her how you feel. Nothing ventured nothing gained
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 03:13 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,067,385 times
Well I am not sure what to do since half say to tell her, and have say don't, and forget about it. So I don't know what to do.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:16 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Yeah I guess, it's just that always seems to be the solution when asking people for advice, is just let it go. But then you don't meet any goals, cause you were to afraid to go after the woman you wanted, to afraid to pursue the career you wanted, to afraid to move, etc.

I guess I feel you might as well try then not try at all, otherwise I feel my self respect diminishing if I don't, if that makes sense?
Ok then but just don't make yourself vulnerable to her. Do not let her know she has this power over you! Right now you have a foot in the door. But be aware that there are no guarantees. You might have a chance and that's all. Keep the upper hand by being prepared to fail. Be prepared to get hurt. Brace yourself for it. Expect it, figure out how you will roll with the fall and land back up on your feet. Have an escape plan - which involves having another woman to go to (in my case anyway) or something.

So try something like saying to her "I know you are hurting and I feel for you so I'm going to take you out or do something with you to take your mind off it". Be cool.

Good luck.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:18 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Don't you have a girlfriend? You know, the one you were emailing dirty pictures to when you sent one to your boss instead?

Old 12-01-2017, 03:18 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
OP, you seem to be going back in forth with each new post from a different poster.

Are you not able to reach a decision by yourself?

You know more about this situation than any of us. Weight it out and make your final decision. Don't just follow blindly behind what we say.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:30 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
This is the shortest and most accurate sentence to explain what it truly is like. I had this happen over the Summer this year and I described it as soul crushing. Once I told her my feelings and intentions, she didn't feel the same way and the friendship ended. It had to end, because if I kept hanging out with her I would have died inside a little bit more. There's nothing wrong with catching feelings for a friend. You just have to own up to those feelings and be assertive. If they reciprocate then you're in the clear. If they don't, take a break from the friendship, lick your wounds, and the reevaluate how you want to proceed.

It's not an easy process and can be gut wrenching, but feelings have a way of sneaking up on us from time to time.
Yeah I didn't expect it either..she was married to a ex friend of mine and I looked at her in a friend/sisterly way..then when she divorced him and we hung out alone a few times and I realized how easy our conversations flow how we have the same sense of humor and interests she stole my heart..

Problem is I do value her friendship immensely too so if I lost that as well it would hurt but eventually I have to say f it and take a shot

Old 12-01-2017, 03:57 PM

Well if I am to make my own decision on this one, my instincts tell me that I should console her and make her feel better about her bf leaving her after a week of exclusivity, since she is very upset about it, and rightly so...

But not console her too much, so she doesn't think I am getting too close... and then go back to the way things with her since she is a of fun to spend time with just as a friend, and just see what happens, and accept things as they are either way I guess.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:00 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
Well if I am to make my own decision on this one, my instincts tell me that I should console her and make her feel better about her bf leaving her after a week of exclusivity, since she is very upset about it, and rightly so...

But not console her too much, so she doesn't think I am getting too close... and then go back to the way things with her since she is a of fun to spend time with just as a friend, and just see what happens, and accept things as they are either way I guess.
Well there you have it....

Good luck to you.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:05 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:

Old 12-01-2017, 04:17 PM

Okay thanks. If that is the best thing to do. I found my instincts to be wrong in the past, which is why I don't often trust them and like to get other opinions. Plus since I am emotionally attached, my judgement is compromised too most likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships