Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 11:42 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,270,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
NO. The basis for my calling the woman crazy is ignoring a definite no contact order with an email trying to guilt the dude into being her friend. He is an EX, leave him alone and realize he don't want you. Is it that hard for this woman?
Women get so much attention that some can't believe that a man wants nothing to do with them. I agree with what you said and that if a person doesn't want you, move on. It's over. Contacting over and over makes them look crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 01:06 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,086,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Women get so much attention that some can't believe that a man wants nothing to do with them. I agree with what you said and that if a person doesn't want you, move on. It's over. Contacting over and over makes them look crazy.
While I would not be contacting some dude after this kind of time has passed, I would also not have accepted some "we're done" excuse without any opportunity to have my say on the matter. A relationship takes two and while one can decide to end it, it's disrespectful to not at least give the other their say as long as there's no sort of abuse or dangerous situation going on.

I mean, if this girl was seeing some guy behind his back and he said "We're done. I found out about you and Steve." I would totally get him not wanting to hear what she has to say unless she's got hard evidence that her and Steve weren't running around, they were out picking an engagement ring for Steve's fiancee or something.

Seriously... are the rules of proper etiquette out the window?

Sure, she should not still be contacting him, but he did leave her rudely and if he'd allowed her to have her say (he plainly stated here that she requested it, but he didn't allow it) then she might have just moved the hell on and not be contacting him now.

My point is that both of them are wrong.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:12 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,510,842 times
Quote:
Both defamation and slander involve FALSE statements. He has it from the woman's own email. There aren't grounds for a suit from her.
He's come on here and claimed that she's mentally imbalanced/possibly dangerous, and a drunk. There is no evidence of either in the emails she sent, just the claims made by the OP. It's possible what he's saying is true, but it's also possible he's full of it and coming here just to air his dirty laundry. I don't know about you, but when I'm drunk I don't type using punctuation, correct spelling, etc. I don't get "drunk" from the emails he pasted here; I just see sadness, confusion and hurt from someone who misses someone she cared for...in the first email especially. The standard for defamation is far lower than slander.

Some of the people in this thread would do best to not involve themselves in a romantic relationship with another person if they're incapable of empathy. When breaking up with someone you've been in a relationship with, there should be consideration that although the break up may have been something you've been thinking about for a while, it's possible the other person was not. Have a heart! At least kindly explain to the other person you've been intimately involved with why you need to sever contact, and try to understand that the other person may not cope with grief (that's what this is) the way you do. Again, if you don't have the emotional intelligence to be able to relate to people in a way that takes into account their feelings as well as yours, you shouldn't involve yourself in the first place.

According to Twitter, the OP appears to have still been involved with this woman in August at least. It's not as if he broke up with her a year ago. And two emails over the course of 2-3 months is not harassment, let alone crazy. The police would laugh the OP right outta the station with that one.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:13 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,311,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
"We're done. I found out about you and Steve."
But it's no different than him saying, "You drink too much, and it causes fights when you are drinking, and you won't acknowledge it."

She continues not to blame her drinking on what is going on.

So he says, "That's it, we're done."

Are you saying it would be better if he emails her back and says, "I broke up with you because you're a drunk, and I have no wish to even remain as friends with a drunk. Don't contact me again."

All she's going to do is claim she doesn't drink that much anymore and pleeeeeease let me prove it to you, and histrionics follow.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:13 PM

26,682 posts, read 41,545,907 times
Quote:
While I would not be contacting some dude after this kind of time has passed, I would also not have accepted some "we're done" excuse without any opportunity to have my say on the matter. A relationship takes two and while one can decide to end it, it's disrespectful to not at least give the other their say as long as there's no sort of abuse or dangerous situation going on.

I mean, if this girl was seeing some guy behind his back and he said "We're done. I found out about you and Steve." I would totally get him not wanting to hear what she has to say unless she's got hard evidence that her and Steve weren't running around, they were out picking an engagement ring for Steve's fiancee or something.

Sure, she should not still be contacting him, but he did leave her rudely and if he'd allowed her to have her say (he plainly stated here that she requested it, but he didn't allow it) then she might have just moved the hell on and not be contacting him now.

I would have made sure you would have never had the opportunity to explain your side. I would not hear it I'd stay away from you and block any mechanism you can use to contact me. My cold way of busting up the relationship may be a bitter pill to swallow but you'd just have to swallow it and keep it moving.

You are not entitled to have a say once someone decides to be done with you. May be cold but its life.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:25 PM

48,318 posts, read 34,449,879 times
Quote:
I would have made sure you would have never had the opportunity to explain your side. I would not hear it I'd stay away from you and block any mechanism you can use to contact me. My cold way of busting up the relationship may be a bitter pill to swallow but you'd just have to swallow it and keep it moving.

You are not entitled to have a say once someone decides to be done with you. May be cold but its life.

And your dating and relationship experience is......?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-06-2017, 01:36 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,408,016 times
Tell her to stop.

Literally call her up and tell her the attempts to start conversations are not appreciated.

After that has been established if she still calls, texts or emails move on to either changing your contacts or informing your carriers and service providers that you would like to premeantly block her.

If she finds you after all of this it may be time to consider having an officer become your messenger for you with a knock on her door.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:50 PM

26,682 posts, read 41,545,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And your dating and relationship experience is......?
What does that have to do with anything other than an attempt to discredit me?

Old 12-06-2017, 02:08 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,287,539 times
Quote:
So it is cold hearted to not want to speak to someone after you’ve broken up with them? Really?
Well, at least to the ex the answer is yes.

Quote:
This is a classic case of man bad, woman good. Even when the woman is wrong people still defend her. BTW, I'd say the same thing if a guy was harassing a woman. She's wrong period and needs to move on.
No, that depends. Some guy you're not interested in, is not the same as an ex you actually had a relationship with before, certainly not a couple of emails as it seems consisting no threat contents.

Quote:

Come on, she emailed ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, you just make it sound crazy

Old 12-06-2017, 02:13 PM

19,397 posts, read 12,039,904 times
Quote:

It would be nice if everyone could be kind and sensitive when they break up but it just isn't so. Even more reason for her to not want to talk to him. It would make more sense if her emails were to tell him off and what an insensitive jerk he is. Trying to get back in his life at this point is weird. Maybe she is one of those women who needs drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships