Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 02:32 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
For me, when I really felt comfortable with her, I know she's the one. By the second date I was talking to my present wife like I've known her for years. Had a feeling like she was the one.
The main thing is don't try to find that special person. Just get out and have fun. They'll show up when you least expect it. I was a few months out of a divorce and was mainly just looking for somebody to do things with. If it led to more, fine. If it didn't, fine too.
I both agree and disagree with this. You definitely should not be desperate and act like you absolutely need someone, or anyone to be in a relationship with. At the same time, I think you should definitely look for that person, and not just wait to hope they'll show up when you least expect it. That isn't realistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 03:34 PM

344 posts, read 245,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marketa View Post
I have been meeting many guys over the last couple of years. Some my mind approves of, but I don't feel romantic towards them. Others, that I actually feel drawn to instantly, are not the best for me, when you analyze the type of person they are.

How to make a wise choice? Listen to the mind? To the heart? What if I'm not meeting people that both my heart and mind agree on?

Thanks!
If you listen to your mind and don't have any romantic feelings towards them, that won't work. If you listen to your heart and KNOW they are not the right type of person, that won't work either. I don't believe in the soulmate B.S. and that there is only one person out there for you. There may be more than one who may be right for you at different times in your life. Anyone is lucky to find someone to spend 50 years with.

I would describe the right person as someone who makes me laugh, loves me on my worst days, is a kind and good person, shares the same values and morals as I do, can cook a good meal, takes care of me when I'm sick, and also has common interests/likes. I believe that you have to be physically/sexually compatible as well. Is it difficult to find someone who fits all of those things? Possibly, but not impossible. Everyone has things that may be non-negotiable - and if you settle, somewhere down the line it's going to be an issue. A friend of mine is particular about a person's grammar and how they eat (no talking with your mouth full kind of thing). That may not be an issue for everyone but if it's an issue for you, there is no getting past that. You may be okay for a while but someday it's likely to be a problem. Of course, that's just an example.

I don't know how old you are but keep on looking. Don't settle...and don't expect to change anyone! People usually are what they show you!

Old 01-07-2018, 04:12 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,826,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I both agree and disagree with this. You definitely should not be desperate and act like you absolutely need someone, or anyone to be in a relationship with. At the same time, I think you should definitely look for that person, and not just wait to hope they'll show up when you least expect it. That isn't realistic.
Yeah I agree it isn't realistic, So how do one go about looking for the person ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships