Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 08:45 AM

19,399 posts, read 12,047,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
It doesn't matter who makes what. She could make twice what you do and still be looking to take advantage of what you have. Trust me I've seen it happen.
For sure. I posted in another forum here how the only women who chase this wealthy guy I know are wealthy women. They are aggressive and seem to feel entitled because they see him as a peer. He however prefers dating women that he actually likes, and he does not enjoy being pursed by snotty entitled rich women. Successful women are the biggest gold diggers of all. Money seeks money.

We would do better to spread it around a little anyway. Money marrying money just leads to greater disparities of wealth and more poverty. I have no problem with a rich person dating or marrying a poor person, as long as both are sincere. The modern day assumption seems to be that they cannot be sincere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 09:57 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,745,604 times
I wouldn't mind having a sugar mama. I'm pretty enough to get one.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:48 PM

10,340 posts, read 5,826,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Dating a secretary is a risk? What about an editorial assistant? A paralegal? Because they are not at highest level they are bad people? That means I would have been dateless quite a while. I was always frugal and practical with money so I had assets even if I did not make much money. I resent that someone would ever think suspiciously of me because of my job. That is pretty nasty.
If you think THAT'S "nasty" you should read what was posted about "successful women":
Quote:
...the only women who chase this wealthy guy I know are wealthy women. They are aggressive and seem to feel entitled because they see him as a peer. He however prefers dating women that he actually likes, and he does not enjoy being pursed by snotty entitled rich women. Successful women are the biggest gold diggers of all.
Oh wait...

Old 12-17-2017, 01:51 PM

19,399 posts, read 12,047,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
If you think THAT'S "nasty" you should read what was posted about "successful women":

Oh wait...
Lol, ok. It seems it's always about lower income men and women being suspect so there is another view. It IS snotty when women will only date men who make more money than they do. For a wealthy woman, that really narrows the field.

Too many people limit their options. No one is entitled, if they are smart, rich, attractive, etc, doesn't necessarily make them desirable to everyone.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:25 PM

Agreed. While I may make more money than some women, the men I met made more than I did (unanimously) not because I picked only men with more money, but men who have the same education, experience, always seem to make more more money. I guess I make about the same as a construction worker though, which is good, but I don't know any construction workers with 6 years of college.

Times are changing, luckily, someday more women can be comfortable running heavy equipment or doing labor intensive jobs. They may be welcome to do that instead of being at a desk.

Whether we're looking for one or not, men just seem to make more money.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:54 PM

11,556 posts, read 9,275,127 times
Yeah for real, I want someone who wants to be with me for who I am, not for $$$$$

Old 12-17-2017, 02:59 PM

102,074 posts, read 107,051,957 times
Quote:
Dating a secretary is a risk? What about an editorial assistant? A paralegal? Because they are not at highest level they are bad people? That means I would have been dateless quite a while. I was always frugal and practical with money so I had assets even if I did not make much money. I resent that someone would ever think suspiciously of me because of my job. That is pretty nasty.

I have met men with minimal assets who thought everyone wanted to take them for their two bedroom house and Toyota Corolla. I never thought anyone I dated was after my "stuff".
Yes, of course; for guys with the gold-digger paranoia, all those are risky.

Old 12-17-2017, 03:25 PM

2,594 posts, read 2,286,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
My friend just gave his neice some pretty good advice, she seems to pick losers who either drop out of school or are in between jobs, or underemployed... At 25 she already owns her own house, and they always seem to think it might be a good idea if they moved in.

He said: "Guys with jobs have dicks too, ya know."

He used that kind of language with his niece?

Old 12-17-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Yeah. She's 25. We were all playing Cards Against Humanity. Not an easily offended bunch.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:18 PM

51,923 posts, read 52,325,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I can be a rude crude dude at times and I can drop mother you know what more more than the guys at the Apollo and I wouldn't say that to my niece. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships