Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 01:43 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Ayyyyyeeee!!!!

If anyone can pull a woman at a stop light, it's HC!

Oh stop. I know what you're thinking.

"That that woman has issues"

Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 01:54 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I don't think mutual friends are the best way to meet people, at all. I'm gonna tell you right now, I got quite a few friends, and I've never met a love interest or even a date through any of them. Usually, they were busy trying to find their own dates. For instance, what if you move to a new city, and you are yet to have any friends in this new city? Do you try to make as many friends as you can, and hope that maybe one of your new friends will introduce you to someone to date? Or that maybe they'll introduce you to their friends, who will then introduce you to a single person or two? Do you see where I'm going with this?

For just a little more expended energy, you can go right to the source, cut through the middleman and meet single people, instead of wasting all your time trying to find dates by means of other people. If you want something done, you gotta do it yourself. Trust me, I've asked friends when I was single, to help me find dates, they were never any help. They either said ''Yeah, yeah, you got it!'' or they were honest and said ''Dude, I don't know anybody, I was actually hoping you could help me find someone?!''.

I've met one kind of date through a friend. It was his cousin, and I was only like 19 at the time.
I have never had a problem meeting women on my own, so don't assume I NEED a middleman. However, the longest relationships I've had have been single women I've met at parties of a mutual friend (no introductions were made, I just walked up, and started chatting with them). Also, I've met a lot of women through activities, and sports. So, I don't use friends to find dates for me. Ok, sport?

Old 12-13-2017, 09:29 PM

11,020 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Oh stop. I know what you're thinking.

"That that woman has issues"

Lol
No, we're thinking; "Damn, that guy has what it takes!"

Last edited by 303Guy; 12-13-2017 at 09:52 PM..

Old 12-13-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yet, some women do go there, hoping to meet guys. Try going on weekends, when people are more relaxed. Late evening after work isn't the only time they're open, you know. Whole Foods in my town was voted on year, "Best Place To Meet People Of The Opposite Sex". You need to know how to pick your venue; Safeway or Albertson's: No. Whole Foods, local food co-op, or farmer's market---Si!
Really? Damn, all those times I went grocery shopping while single and never even thought about it. Mind you, I lacked the confidence and follow through anyway. My ex had done a pretty good hatch job on me, making me believe women did not find me attractive. When they seemed to show interests, I thought they were just being nice to me. Only once I became available did I find a few women at least, being interested in me and frankly, I didn't know what was going on.

Only once did I see the possibility of a supermarket grocery store girl being open to me but I wasn't available then anyway. She probably wasn't available either so I would say the interest was just a fleeting moment. I'm sure I made her day though and yes, I actually liked her.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:51 PM

There was another place I had an 'interaction' with a woman. That was a regular meeting run by the state for persons affected by loved ones addictions. This one particular lady began to behave strangely in my presence. She would try to maneuver to be be in my sub-group and would get all flustered when I spoke to her, playing with her hair and looking awkward. She got married during the time of those sessions so it seemed rather strange to me but the signs were unmistakable. I wasn't available either anyway but I found it interesting. Had we both been available I am pretty sure something would have come of it.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:33 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Oh here we go, Lol

How do nice girls meet men?
We sit demurely with our hands folded in our lap and wait for Mr Wonderful to choose us.
Once he speaks we know it's ok to engage, being careful not to offend his sensibilities.

Old 12-18-2017, 06:34 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yet, some women do go there, hoping to meet guys. Try going on weekends, when people are more relaxed. Late evening after work isn't the only time they're open, you know. Whole Foods in my town was voted on year, "Best Place To Meet People Of The Opposite Sex". You need to know how to pick your venue; Safeway or Albertson's: No. Whole Foods, local food co-op, or farmer's market---Si!
I think the grocery store isn't the place to meet people. I believe many people don't like being approached there it is get in and get out mode for the majority of them.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:57 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,883,042 times
This works. Wear a giant smile whatever you feel inside and force yourself to talk to other people. You'd be surprised at what comes out of it. The key is to engage people for the sake of engaging people. You are not picking up girls per se, you are the giant rolling American ball of smiles and slightly excessive exuberance toward everyone and if something comes of it great if nothing does no need to push it. Alternatively just be out in public and approach girls that seem to alternate between looking at you a little too closely and looking away entirely.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:09 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
This works. Wear a giant smile whatever you feel inside and force yourself to talk to other people. You'd be surprised at what comes out of it. The key is to engage people for the sake of engaging people. You are not picking up girls per se, you are the giant rolling American ball of smiles and slightly excessive exuberance toward everyone and if something comes of it great if nothing does no need to push it. Alternatively just be out in public and approach girls that seem to alternate between looking at you a little too closely and looking away entirely.

Maybe not a GIANT smile ...

Old 12-19-2017, 09:10 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
This! Bravo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships