Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 05:23 PM

1,531 posts, read 2,419,967 times

Advertisements

In a relationship you look at singles with the feeling that if single again you would be "killing it". It's the if I knew now what I know back then the world would be my oyster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 05:40 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
There are pros and cons to being single, and there are pros and cons to being married.

They key is to learn to be happy with where you are at the moment.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-14-2017, 05:46 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There are pros and cons to being single, and there are pros and cons to being married.

They key is to learn to be happy with where you are at the moment.
This 1000x.

Also, neither status makes anyone superior to the other. It's what you make it.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:48 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I think for some people they may long to be single but I think for most that say those sorta of things it's from the grass being greener perspective. I'm glad as hell that I'm not out there looking for a spouse. I ain't gonna lie, I think being single would suck BIG TIME.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:01 PM

1,299 posts, read 823,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think for some people they may long to be single but I think for most that say those sorta of things it's from the grass being greener perspective. I'm glad as hell that I'm not out there looking for a spouse. I ain't gonna lie, I think being single would suck BIG TIME.
I agree! I like being married.

A few years ago my social circle just so happened to be me and a bunch of single women. They all owned their own houses and had pets and whatnot, like me, and we had lots in common. But they all told me at some point that being single was hard, and it sucked not having someone to team up with. And I fully admit, I had things much easier than they did, because of my husband's support. Not just financial, but things like when we'd separate after a nice day hiking with the dogs, I went home to a clean house and dinner on the table. They had to go home alone to do all of that themselves.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:45 PM

124 posts, read 99,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post

A few years ago my social circle just so happened to be me and a bunch of single women. They all owned their own houses and had pets and whatnot, like me, and we had lots in common. But they all told me at some point that being single was hard, and it sucked not having someone to team up with. And I fully admit, I had things much easier than they did, because of my husband's support. Not just financial, but things like when we'd separate after a nice day hiking with the dogs, I went home to a clean house and dinner on the table. They had to go home alone to do all of that themselves.
Yes well said, that is great you have that!!
I'd love to be in a great healthy relationship, a synergistic union, yet good quality men seem hard to find. I have a lot to offer yet it would have to be a two way street, that is what makes it difficult is pairing up with a like-minded good mate.

I'm happy, and love my life, yet I know it would be even sweeter with a good man.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:25 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
I’m single. I’m not looking for a spouse. It isn’t either/or. You can find being single fun. It isn’t like all single people are out there desperate to find a spouse or partner. Some people are perfectly happy to be single.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:40 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
It isn’t like all single people are out there desperate to find a spouse or partner. Some people are perfectly happy to be single.
Unfortunately this is a minority view and, like my relationship status, (dreadful turn of phrase!) I don't see it changing in my lifetime.

Chow is one of the good guys, though. He's more open minded than some on the subject and he has great taste in music.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:44 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I’m single. I’m not looking for a spouse. It isn’t either/or. You can find being single fun. It isn’t like all single people are out there desperate to find a spouse or partner. Some people are perfectly happy to be single.
I didn't make any king of vast sweeping statements that all single people want to have spouses. I made a point of bolding a few "I"s to indicate I was speaking from a personal perspective. I was answering the OP's comment contradicting him that some people don't necessarily wish to be single and don't think how great the single folks have it.

For people that are happy being single, good on them.

This subject always seems to get a some folks riled up, not talking about you here, just saying in general.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:50 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post

Precisely this. Being single is logistically really hard. I mean yeah, I don't make much money, but I can pay my bills and I won't always make this little money. But the daily grind is always there, no matter what, unless I meet someone. I feel like I almost never have time to socialize as much as I want to because there's always laundry that needs to get done, food that needs to get prepped, grocery shopping,...and of course...some cleaning, especially if I have guests over. Not only would it be more fun to do that with a partner, but just more time efficient. The hard work of a relationship has always been worth it to me, especially when I've been on both sides of it. By far, the cons of a relationship are still better than the cons of single life.

The physical stuff is easy to find. If I just want a guy to snuggle up to, I can just hit up one of the guys I know, but its not worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships