Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 12:18 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

It's this line from the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleNicole View Post
I was just texting my boyfriend and since I'm off today I told him I was going to come over.
that makes me think, "that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works."

There's nothing wrong with wanting to see your SO on your day off, but there is a problem with springing it on him at the last minute and telling, not asking, him about your intentions. If you want to see him, you need to let him know what your schedule is and let him be in on the planning process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 12:20 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Get some friends and get a life. If he doesn't want to see you, there is a huge message there. Accept it. No more demands, no more texting constantly. If he wants to see you, he will get in touch.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
hahhhahaaa, yeah, that's what we are always hoping he does. I wouldn't rely on it
Hahaha!

She should have said, "Awww are you exhausted from shopping for my surprise gift?" lolol

Old 12-18-2017, 12:47 PM

531 posts, read 384,427 times
Sounds a little controlling. You should back off your BF for a while.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:08 PM

888 posts, read 555,517 times
Quote:
She hasn't seen him for a week, soo.. I don't think that's too much to expect to meet at least once a week?
Honestly, I think no one should always expect to see someone on the same schedule constantly when dating. This time of year is crazy. Maybe the guy had a busy week and just wanted some alone time. Maybe he wanted some friend time without her. I mean judging from her post she is needy and overly clingy. I mean she wants to go to his house to study just to be with him but " won't bug him". Annoyed he went xmas shopping without her. I'm sorry but it's too much. Why everyone is over analyzing this I don't get, so they haven't seen each other for a week, big deal. It's a busy time. People get busy and tired. But if I was this persons boyfriend, I would be running for the hills.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:26 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleNicole View Post
I was just texting my boyfriend and since I'm off today I told him I was going to come over. He said no because he has a lot of stuff to do. He said he's going to be Christmas Shopping and then meeting up with his friend to have lunch.....then said he's gonna go home to work on his house and then probably do some more Christmas Shopping. My problem is, he can't find time for me at all today? I like Christmas Shopping too and need to finish, why won't he invite me to go.....I know he's not buying a gift for me, he already has my gift.

I'm annoyed, I haven't seen him all week. I want to tell him I'm annoyed but I don't want to start a fight. I don't see why I can't go over there.....its not like I'd be bothering him...... I have homework to do, I can do it while he works on the house. He said maybe tomorrow. I don't like the word maybe.
You are smoother him lol.
Also maybe you should have tried to make plans ahead of time and have waited till last minute.

Plus maybe he is going to be buying your gift !!!!

Shopping with other people especially this time of your os not really efficient and can be stressful. Why dont you got buy yourself and enjoy some time alone and give him some time to pick your gift .

Old 12-18-2017, 01:27 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I'd keep myself busy with my friends and acquaintances. IF I had time tomorrow, I'd go see him if he wasn't busy.

Maybe it's time for a new BF?
I'm sure she will make the time if she does or doesn't have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemi808 View Post
I HATE shopping with other people. I feel like we have to stick together the entire time and it really prolongs the process. I want to get in and get out without a lot of wasted time. snip>
Totally agree; to me it is akin to being kidnapped. When I go shopping I know exactly what I'm looking for, if I find it..great, if not I move on very quickly.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:05 PM

888 posts, read 555,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
I'm sure she will make the time if she does or doesn't have it.

Totally agree; to me it is akin to being kidnapped. When I go shopping I know exactly what I'm looking for, if I find it..great, if not I move on very quickly.

Totally agree. I hate shopping and bringing someone along just adds to my misery.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:44 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
There's nothing wrong with wanting to see your SO on your day off, but there is a problem with springing it on him at the last minute and telling, not asking, him about your intentions. If you want to see him, you need to let him know what your schedule is and let him be in on the planning process.
This. ^^^

Old 12-18-2017, 06:21 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,250 times
Quote:
She hasn't seen him for a week, soo.. I don't think that's too much to expect to meet at least once a week?
It's not too much to want to meet up with him, but to get beside one's self because she isn't meeting up with him is a problem. We, as busy/working people, only have a limited amount of free time and your S/O can't monopolize all of it... that's absurd. Some people like a good codependent relationship but that usually only works out when both parties are of the same disposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships