Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 12:03 PM

136 posts, read 101,312 times

Advertisements

I'm 32. He is 43. We met on OLD. Although we are both relatively young I have thought of the possibility of an older man just not being around in old age. Maybe this is why I subconciously am attracted to younger men. I wonder what my family would say. They haven't met him.

Note*
I've never dated a man who is 11 years older than I, and I have concerns about how the sex would be. This sounds silly I know, but can men in their 40's perform as well as younger men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 12:27 PM

336 posts, read 195,338 times
WHen it comes to 2 consenting adults, any age difference is perfect. Usually only people that dont have enough going on in their own lives, or have an agenda (i.e.nearing wall), would tell you otherwise.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:29 PM

336 posts, read 195,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTraveler21 View Post
I'm 32. He is 43. We met on OLD. Although we are both relatively young I have thought of the possibility of an older man just not being around in old age. Maybe this is why I subconciously am attracted to younger men. I wonder what my family would say. They haven't met him.

Note*
I've never dated a man who is 11 years older than I, and I have concerns about how the sex would be. This sounds silly I know, but can men in their 40's perform as well as younger men?
Yes men in their 40s can perform as well as younger men AND they have advantage of much more experience on their side. However, younger guys usually have more testosterone, higher libido and higher sex drive. To be perfectly honest, not needing sex every day is a bit of a blessing.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:12 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
1. How old are you and how old is your partner?
We met when she was 30, and I was 57.

2. How did you two meet?
At a social event. I was talking to her then-bf, whom I knew from work, and she came over and we talked. When they split up, she called me.

3. If you are the younger one in the relationship, don't you worry about the big possibility that the other person will die way before you and you may have to spend your final decades alone?
It wasn't likely to be a problem, as we only wanted to be FWB. It still lasted over 5 years. A permanent relationship would have been difficult for the reasons you stated, given the age difference.

4. Do you worry what family, friends or even strangers think of your relationship? How do you deal with the disapproval of your relationship and people telling you it will never last?
No, I didn't worry about it. Friends knew about it. We'd go out in public often, so there was nothing to hide. We got some dirty looks from women in older couples, but that didn't bother us. And it didn't last, of course, but we expected that - we enjoyed it while it did.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:05 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
An age difference depends on the ages.

Her 15, him 35, illegal.
Actually there are a lot of stable good couples that started dating when it was illegal. But in current insane climate it's very non pc to acknowledge that.

Old 12-20-2017, 04:07 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,813,006 times
Wow all these couples in this thread are older man-younger woman. That’s great, but I was hoping some older women-younger men couples would respond too. I guess that type of pairing is not as accepted as I thought.

Old 12-21-2017, 06:11 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
I guess that type of pairing is not as accepted as I thought.
Definitely not because, as you can tell there are a lot of younger men out there whose only apparent personal experience with "older women" is their mom, grandmother or teachers.

It doesn't mean it can't work or won't work. It's just definitely not as common.

Old 12-21-2017, 06:15 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTraveler21 View Post
Yes

Often better.

Old 12-21-2017, 06:26 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Since you put "relationship/marriage" I assumed you were looking for opinions from someone in a committed type relationship so haven't answered since it wasn't a committed thing so doubt if anything about it would apply.
Well, maybe that there were lots of age related things we simply didn't share but others might, like music, TV shows, etc.
Although we saw each other for almost 2 years and are still drawn to each other, most of why it didn't work had little to do with age and most to do with personalities.

Last edited by old_cold; 12-21-2017 at 06:42 AM..

Old 12-21-2017, 07:42 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,737,232 times
https://www.livestrong.com/article/1...n=AOL-Wellness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships