Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 05:06 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austrosaurus View Post
Hi, I am in a complicated situation and would like to know your opinion. My married superior (John) is having affair with another coworker (Lucy) and I know about it (they both know I know but telling me fairy tales). Lucy is an office **** and I was fooled by her too but found out that soon. John and his wife (Emily) are expecting a baby. Lucy and Emily are best friends. I know Emily personally. Now I need to make a decision what to do.
I would say that I am very popular at work while they not so much. I love my job and people there. If I quit I would not have any problem finding another job. I know for sure that it is not possible for me to work with them anymore as we are in contact everyday. I was thinking about these possibilities:

1. I quit without saying anything (just in general that they are the reason). I know if I quit, more coworkers are going to do the same and company will have problems.
2. Ask John and Lucy to quit.
3. Do nothing. As I wrote above it is not acceptable because I can't exist around them anymore.

I know all of it is none of my business. But I am very sorry for Emily and what is the worst, they do not have moral credit and I can't stand it. Apart from that they had sex at work.

What would you do in my position?

Thank you.
4. Stop getting so involved with your coworkers that their sex lives prevent you from doing your job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 05:13 AM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The OP ( who we'll probably not hear from again) says the situation just upsets his sensibilities.
If he can afford to quit, that's on him.
Yeah, the OP used paragraphs to describe the somewhat outrageous situation so I didn't think to look and see s/he is a New Member with exactly one post.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:45 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
I know this is probably a made up situation lol, but I don't care about anyone in this scenario but the pregnant wife. Really the question is how good of a friend is she? If she's a good friend your dilemma is whether to tell her or not IMO.

If she's not a close friend she probably won't believe you anyway so it's a moot point.

The job is not really an issue since you can leave if you want.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:47 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Get up.
Go to work.
Work.
Go home.
Repeat daily.

Problem solved.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:02 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,185,983 times
I lived with this situation once so it can happen. I wasn't friends with the pregnant wife though.

Coworker having affair with married man who had a pregnant wife who came round to visit time and again. The cheaters would blatantly make out and fondle in the hallways in plain view and stop by each other's desks and be too touchy feely. IMO that was wrong in a hospital setting regardless of marital status...but the out and out adultery was offensive to me. Idc if anyone thinks I have a right to that or not, it just was ick. Could not respect the parties involved and when pregnant wife stopped by I was very uncomfortable...especially if they were hiding in the broom closet going at it. "Umm...he was around a mnute ago, no idea where he went..." *shrug*.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:08 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Do your job and mind your own business. You have been hired to do a job. Do it and keep to your self and don’t tell the office. Leave it alone.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:10 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,901 times
Take it to HR and let them deal with it.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:25 AM

314 posts, read 439,537 times
KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. NOT YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEM.

Maybe John and his wife have an open marriage, but again, none of your business.

If you feel that you MUST stick your nose into it, then just ask John if it is ok to hit on his wife.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:47 AM

888 posts, read 555,161 times
This isn't your business. And I have no idea why you care so much, or why this would affect you at work. aren't you there to just do your job?

Old 12-18-2017, 08:48 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austrosaurus View Post

I know all of it is none of my business. But I am very sorry for Emily and what is the worst, they do not have moral credit and I can't stand it. Apart from that they had sex at work.

What would you do in my position?

Thank you.
What I would do really doesn't matter.

This is about you. If you cannot hack it, you leave. And you keep your mouth shut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships