Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 04:17 PM

8 posts, read 29,198 times

Advertisements

A few nights ago my girlfriend logged onto her facebook page on my computer while I was in the shower. When I came out into the living room she had shut down her page but didn't log out. I know this because the next morning when I went to log in to my facebook page her facebook page came up instead. At precisely the time I was on her page a instant message came through from a guy with multiple pictures. Nothing obscene just pictures. I was curious as there was one other conversation going on in addition to this guy.

The other conversation was a guy who instant messaged her at 11:04pm the night before saying, "you awake". She wasn't awake because she was sleeping next to me but she responded the next morning at 8:30am saying, "I go to bed at 10:00". His response came 1 minute later saying, "wake up greeting" and she responded, "good rainy morning". Now that certainly doesn't sound too sexual but I'm wondering if they may have hooked up while I was away for 6 days. The guy is married and has been for 27 years so why is he texting my girlfriend at 11:00 at night and first thing in the morning. My first thought is something is going on. My second thought is to send the string to his wife and say, "tell your husband to stop texting my girlfriend. Thought???
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 04:20 PM

20,673 posts, read 19,795,440 times
ask her and see how she reacts?

Old 12-21-2017, 04:21 PM

102,055 posts, read 106,854,652 times
You have a variety of options. You could respond to him directly (if her FB page is ever accessible to you again), and say, "Stop messaging my gf, or I'll forward your messages to your wife". That's the main option that comes to mind.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:23 PM

708 posts, read 818,926 times
The conversation is not important, what matters is that you don't trust your gf. Without trust, there is nothing....

Old 12-21-2017, 04:28 PM

34,107 posts, read 18,346,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
The conversation is not important, what matters is that you don't trust your gf. Without trust, there is nothing....

^^^^^This. If this guy has been married for 27 years he is much older than you guys, right? How do you know his story, do you know him? Trust is everything, but sometimes women just want attention from multiple men due to whatever insecurities they have, partner (boyfriend, husband) be damned.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:28 PM

20,673 posts, read 19,795,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana23 View Post
A few nights ago my girlfriend logged onto her facebook page on my computer while I was in the shower. When I came out into the living room she had shut down her page but didn't log out. I know this because the next morning when I went to log in to my facebook page her facebook page came up instead. At precisely the time I was on her page a instant message came through from a guy with multiple pictures. Nothing obscene just pictures. I was curious as there was one other conversation going on in addition to this guy.

The other conversation was a guy who instant messaged her at 11:04pm the night before saying, "you awake". She wasn't awake because she was sleeping next to me but she responded the next morning at 8:30am saying, "I go to bed at 10:00". His response came 1 minute later saying, "wake up greeting" and she responded, "good rainy morning". Now that certainly doesn't sound too sexual but I'm wondering if they may have hooked up while I was away for 6 days. The guy is married and has been for 27 years so why is he texting my girlfriend at 11:00 at night and first thing in the morning. My first thought is something is going on. My second thought is to send the string to his wife and say, "tell your husband to stop texting my girlfriend. Thought???
Neither of those sound like she had sex with them. And her answers don't sound very romantic or encouraging either. But it could of course be the beginning of them hitting on her.

I would say most of the time if a guy texts a girl early in the morning, he wants SOMETHING. Whatever that is. And if he is just a friend - how come you don't know that?

Old 12-21-2017, 04:37 PM

270 posts, read 280,706 times
I say confront her and see what the deal is. No married man should be texting any other woman late at night. He's probably interested in getting some affection from your gf.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:42 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,798,685 times
Late night early morning texts, FB messages. Bad signs, red flags. unless she has some reason to connect with this person/s then she is on the make. She is allowing them, probably instigating it too. Talk it out now, or get ready to break up. If she has or needs someone else, male, to discuss things with, then she don't need you.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:52 PM

8 posts, read 29,198 times
Forgot to add that she sent the response to him the same time I was in the bedroom with her and she didn’t mention it. Strange and sneaky in my opinion.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:03 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,337,625 times
People are people. If your gf is texting guys there's a reason for it, if these guys are texting her there's definitely a reason for it. They're on the hunt.

Go with your instincts on this one and if you see red just walk away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships