Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2017, 12:53 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Merely to point out that the West Coast and CO are known for having a slimmer population than interior Alaska, and some other regions nation-wide.
Arizona and Colorado are two of the most in shape states from what I remember reading..but yeah the west coast states are up there as well.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:45 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Because they are all entitled to and deserve above average women...and for "free" - that is, no investment of time, emotion, or god forbid - money.
This. Right. Here.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:54 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Yes, and it's easier for an average woman to look pretty than it is for an average man.

Stay fit, wear makeup, voila.

Whereas a guy has to deal with his natural looks including his height.
This is mostly true. Average men often don't do things to make themselves look more attractive. Men also underestimate how much women care about looks. I'm not saying this to mean that women are only attracted to model types because I see plenty of women with men who are average or below-average and looks. But women do like men who put an effort into maintaining their appearance. Just because a guy is average-looking, that doesn't mean you should not try to keep his hair nicely styled or his face groomed or try to wear nice clothes and nice shoes.

If a guy who was average in looks and also not necessarily tall, but took the time to get a nice and trendy haircut, wear nice clothes and fashionable outfits, good shoes and lost weight or went down to a nice size, they would get a lot more attention. Women like attractive men or men who maintain themselves too.

For the average guys on here complaining, get a makeover and lose some weight if you need to and see how much of a difference it makes. I promise you, you will attract more women.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:08 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
This is mostly true. Average men often don't do things to make themselves look more attractive. Men also underestimate how much women care about looks. I'm not saying this to mean that women are only attracted to model types because I see plenty of women with men who are average or below-average and looks. But women do like men who put an effort into maintaining their appearance. Just because a guy is average-looking, that doesn't mean you should not try to keep his hair nicely styled or his face groomed or try to wear nice clothes and nice shoes.

If a guy who was average in looks and also not necessarily tall, but took the time to get a nice and trendy haircut, wear nice clothes and fashionable outfits, good shoes and lost weight or went down to a nice size, they would get a lot more attention. Women like attractive men or men who maintain themselves too.

For the average guys on here complaining, get a makeover and lose some weight if you need to and see how much of a difference it makes. I promise you, you will attract more women.
The truth is if your face is unappealing to a women no amount of style or grooming will change that. Trust me

Old 12-25-2017, 09:14 AM

272 posts, read 185,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is a good point. The problem with C-D threads that bring that up, though, is that many of the guys bash women in the process. That backfires on them. In some cases, there's an issue of the guys not taking advice, which also irritates our regulars. But you make good points. Well put!
And do I ever love to do that!

Thank you for giving a name to this august group. Henceforth, its THE REGULARS.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:23 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
80/20 rule my friend. 80% of women want to be with 20% of best men. Not only that, they do not care if a top 20% man, is sleeping with several other women. In fact, it makes him even more attractive. There are statistical studies that show that 60%+ women get to pro-create during their lifetime, despite a smaller fertility window than men. Only 40% of men however, get to pass on their genes. Traditional marriage was supposed fix this issue, by pairing a single man with a single woman, allowing for things to balance themselves out naturally but only if the marriage was a lifelong proposition. Today that is no longer the case, as people dont get married as much and the marriages dont really last, statistically anyway. WOmen want only top men, and ignore the rest.
Yep, and evidently I don't make the top 20%. You're right about this, or at least it sounds right.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wished I knew for certain what dynamics in the micro and macro are at play here why so many of these types of threads get started. Unfortunately relationships sub-forum has a much higher percentage of men, particularly young men to women that appear to have more "issues" for lack of another term. There are always women here that come through and are dysfunctional or whatever but for some reason the much larger percentage appears to be men and young men in particular.

In other words why are all of the men whining much more often than women???

I've got some theories but it would be nice if some unbiased learned person on a higher pay grade than myself could lay out why there seems to be this larger bigger picture issue of what's going on right now. I have my own ideas but I'm not a person that has any kind of sociology or social sciences background.
Haha! I love how pc this is! Above my pay grade is something I say regularly in real life. We're all just speculating here.
For me, leaving the country is the best option. I took a singles cruise last New Year's and was very popular on the ship. In September I went to Europe and met a much younger (albeit not beautiful) German woman who was also really into me. A year and a half ago I went to Buenos Aires and met a woman there who hung out with me all week. American women have unrealistic standards IMO. Add that to me being above the desirable age range of the women I want, and well, I just need to go overseas where age isn't as big of an issue. Next trip I'm planning is another singles cruise. Doing the one last year made me realize that despite my age, I'm above "average". It helps that I have good genes and take care of myself, have a career, etc. But living in Oklahoma has a negative effect on my confidence with women because I'm not a redneck driving a pickup truck. I'm a professional, family oriented, ambitious Southern gentleman. Women don't want that here, that's for sure. Then again, they're not very special themselves in this part of the country. Most here bring almost nothing to the table.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:

While I'm no fashion expert, I have received tons of compliments on how I dress, look and smell. I also meet the minimum height required by women, 6'0". I'm muscular, but not a gym rat. I just live in the wrong part of the country.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:47 AM

378 posts, read 230,173 times
I bet insecurity plays a huge part in the lack of romantic success.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:00 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:

This is all individual. I couldn't care less about fashionable clothes, nice shoes, trendy haircuts or whatever other grooming trends, though full beard isn't my thing. I've certainly dated men who were into such habits and routines, and that was fine, because it's what they liked, but it certainly wasn't a preference when I was dating. Most of the men I've dated long term are very casual, with flip flops (probably a SoCal thing), graphic tees, cargo shorts/pants, t-shirts, etc. Apart from the sweaters my MIL gives to my husband for X-mas, and wearing nicer slacks and shirts for special occasions, the last time he wore something remotely "fashionable" was when we married. Lol But he's hot no matter what he wears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships