Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2017, 03:35 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I have a friend that is 5'7" and he does just fine with women.

So... are you pursuing any goals?

Another thing I can suggest is to ease up on some of what you do. Maybe you are coming off to others as trying too hard. I find that if I look too good or too put together, that can actually work against me.
I'm glad you beat me to it. All the 5'7 guys I know, and some of the guys well under 5'7, are married, and never had trouble attracting women when they were single. The one thing all of them have in common is that they didn't "know" they were 5'7", or 5'4" or whatever; IOW, they were unaware of any supposed stigma about their height.

But we're not supposed to have height threads, so...

/digression

Old 12-26-2017, 03:37 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
OLD Market Value Hierarchy:

Attractive female
Ugly female
Attractive male
Ugly male
WRONG!

Attractive female/attractive male
Average male/average female
Ugly female/ugly male

Old 12-26-2017, 03:40 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Wow!
From the posts I have read things have not changed much over the years.
Now don't get me wrong. Guys can be just as bad to women.
This post is directed towards men.

Back in the day the pretty ladies always fell for the bad boy, tough guy image.
Screw the average guy.Too bad these young women could not look into a crystal ball and
fast forward 40 years only to realize that they would have been better off with the average
Joe, jock or nerd.

Funny thing:
20-30 and even 40 years later I have run into some of the same people who are now divorced or divorced with kids and the first word out of their mouths were and it's always the same: Oh my gosh. How many years has it been ? So how are you doing ? Are you married ?

And my answer is always the same.
"Ugggggh .....What was your name again?"

First Quote of the day:
A woman once told me that with one of hers' she can get as many of mine as she wants!

Second Quote of the day:
A man once told me she may be ugly but she sure can cook!

Old 12-26-2017, 03:45 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Sounds like you need to relocate again.
You have no idea how hard I've tried for the last 2 years. Just not working out.

Old 12-26-2017, 03:57 PM

902 posts, read 746,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
WRONG!

Ugly female/ugly male
Ugly females still get 200+ messages a day from thirsty males, even ugly females can be picky(male standards today are lower than the deep sea). Even attractive males DO NOT get that kind of action, don't delude yourself.

Last edited by rocky1975; 12-26-2017 at 04:16 PM..

Old 12-26-2017, 04:04 PM

617 posts, read 1,201,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
WRONG!

Ugly female/ugly male
Here's some data: https://medium.com/@worstonlinedater...r-2ddf370a6e9a

Old 12-26-2017, 04:08 PM

710 posts, read 584,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Observation... I could go into all of that too.
I’ve observed as well and I just got out of a relationship with a terrible woman. I know many other men who have dealt with such women. I don’t buy that there are less women willing to manipulate or use or lie to you than there are men who will, and if there are more men who are willing to do those things, I don’t believe it’s by a wide margin. I used to buy into that “women are more innocent” mantra too until I started dating myself. It opens your eyes to a lot of things and now I don’t trust see a woman as anymore trustworthy than I’d see a man as.

Old 12-26-2017, 04:11 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
It opens your eyes to a lot of things and now I don’t trust see a woman as anymore trustworthy than I’d see a man as.
Not sure why you didn't view them as the same before, but good the lesson is learned.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-26-2017, 04:20 PM

902 posts, read 746,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushan View Post
For even more real life data google -> "Online dating experiment with pig girl"
If you're a female you just CANNOT lose in life

Old 12-26-2017, 04:23 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,256 times
So to the question I believe "chowhound" asked;

"Why are all the whiners men?"
Well maybe the OP kind of answered that with his initial question; the game is easy/unimportant/irrelevant for women, and therefore they rarely complain/whine.

Meanwhile the pursuit of women is something a man is faced with, if not by society, than by his biology anywhere from a couple of times per week to dozens of times per day (semi-erections etc). A mans self-value is more closely tied with his sexuality, while females are more tied with their social status, which used to contained wifing around and sprouting kids left and right, but doesn't anymore, diminishing the need for a man.
Social status has become available in abundance through instant gratification systems online, in apps, etc, which also leaves symptoms like "entitlement" in its wake.
In short; men are more obsolete to women than the other way around. This is also becoming true biologically, as it is technically getting possible to use the DNA from 2 eggs in 1 and fertilizing the egg if I understood my biochem professor correctly.

I don't know from where I got this, it's a few years ago I read it but women speak an average >20.000 words/day, while males speak about 9000 words per day, this is an indicator of social patterns.
I don't remember the numbers but women also tend to form (on average) vastly more numerous emotionally significant relationships, especially with other women than men do, especially with other men.
To clarify a person of either sex is more likely to form an emotionally significant bond with a female than with a male.
Females are also vastly more likely to have a source of emotional support within their social network than men are.

A lot of the things above kind of go hand in hand, now add the stigma of a male confessing his inadequacy in the dating department, to the explained lack of likely support above.
There is really 3 ways for a man to turn;
*internet.
*bottle.
*gunbarrel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships