Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 10:47 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Amazon is the new OLD!!!
Does Amazon Prime give me free shipping on mail order brides?

Old 01-04-2018, 10:56 AM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Does Amazon Prime give me free shipping on mail order brides?
And free returns if you find your item defective.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-04-2018, 01:16 PM

20,389 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
I haven't commented on the truthfulness.
Only that John's understanding of math, and his attack of women, is out of place.

Well, based on the link you posted, that's not true at all. Women message a much broader range of men than men message women.
I do seem to recall that study saying something along the lines that while women find a lot of men below average looking, we message them anyways. Or that women sent plenty of messages to men that they found to be below average in looks, not just the ones we think are good looking. Which is in some agreement with my point, that looks just aren't everything to women--at least that's been my own experience. I know some women place more importance on a man's looks than others. But a well crafted profile goes a very long way.

There are men here who write so well, and display an interesting way of engaging with life regardless of their circumstances, that I don't need to know a thing about what they look like, to call them "attractive." And then there are some whose attitudes are so stubbornly off-putting, they could look like total studs and still be repellent to women.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:27 PM

336 posts, read 195,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Having 80% of people below average has strong implications that I don’t believe are true. The results being cited are heavily skewed by the source: a dating website.

https://theblog.okcupid.com/your-loo...x-8715c0f1561e

Specifically, that rating someone a 1 or a 2 has specific effects on whether the person can be contacted. I think a more accurate statement would be that women looking for online hookups aren’t interested in 80% of men.
Right, EXCEPT the men didnt have an issue finding roughly half the women below and half the above average, for a perfectly expected curve. Is it your assertion, that women on this website are a perfect representation of attractiveness that you would see in real world sample, but only mostly unattractive men sign up for OKC? Or is it perhaps more likely that women see average guys to be less than average, because their expectations are higher and they dont really know what average is for a guy?

Old 01-04-2018, 01:29 PM

336 posts, read 195,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Legalized prostitution solves a different problem.
Leglaized prostitution actually solves many problems IMO. Its just that feminists wont have any of it, as it threatens value of what they have to offer. All supply and demand, my friend.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:38 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,940,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
Leglaized prostitution actually solves many problems IMO. Its just that feminists wont have any of it, as it threatens value of what they have to offer. All supply and demand, my friend.
For advocates of legalized prostitution like myself we face a two pronged attack one from religious types and another from the hardcore feminists. One day we will prevail it is the only logical solution.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:43 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Why there's not legalized prostitution in this country, aside from Nevada, has nothing to do with "feminism". It has everything to do with the fact that nobody wants it in their neighborhood. Ever wonder why the bunny ranches in NV are way out in the desert? Nobody wants one in their suburban development, nor do they want to share a townhome complex with someone who has "gentlemen callers" at all hours of the day and night. Nice attempt to stir things up on the forum, though...

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Where did you get this notion? For most average everyday feminists, legal, regulated and safe sex work is nothing but a good thing for all involved.

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:

Be my guest...maybe it'll calm you down and help you think better when you're on an actual date.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:44 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
For advocates of legalized prostitution like myself we face a two pronged attack one from religious types and another from the hardcore feminists. One day we will prevail it is the only logical solution.
Nope. Whom you face attack from is the RE industry, and homeowners. Nobody wants their property values to tank. Nor do they want a steady parade of shady, potentially armed strangers coming and going next door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships