Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 08:15 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist1968 View Post
I doubt the kids are going to be omitted from the holiday festivities. Sure hope not
Except the one that will occur between the hubby and ex-wife in the bedroom after some vodka and tequila shots...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 08:18 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
LOL. She will probably spend new years with the ex hubby and inlaws too...right OP??
I hope not. OP, you should talk to her about this. Maybe you two could find a New Year's party to go to together?

Old 12-26-2017, 08:19 PM

436 posts, read 302,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Except the one that will occur between the hubby and ex-wife in the bedroom after some vodka and tequila shots...
Considering they were married and all...if it occurs, hopefully it will stick this time. The home's been broken long enough

Old 12-27-2017, 03:34 AM

314 posts, read 439,783 times
Quote:
Because again, they have CHILDREN together. Don't you think the children have been thru enough already? geeze louise!

It's this self centered-ness that causes the death of a family already, and here we have more of it being spouted.
Too many crazy folks so focused on me me me all the time.

To the OP. Just go home. Let this family be a family as much as possible. You are obviously just a side-note being used for something nasty

HAHA!!! you act like the "children" are little or still in the house. They are young adult men in their 20's. When I was in my 20's I was in the Army.

I do agree with you though about her and her relationship with the former in laws. I have been divorced since Sept 2012 and I still talk to my former in laws on a weekly basis. We had a great relationship (a lot better than the 18 year one with their daughter). I told them I would back away and not interfere with my ex and her new husband if she chose to have a relationship again with her family.

I agree also that the OP needs to go back home. The OP also created a post on here saying he didn't trust his GF because she was texting or messaging guys on facebook.....no trust = no relationship.

In the famous word of Tigger..."time to BOUNCE!"

Old 12-27-2017, 05:10 AM

531 posts, read 384,427 times
You need to find a girl to bang while shes out banging her ex husband, or get used to her doing whatever she wants to.

Old 12-27-2017, 06:06 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
I'm not sure why people are posting as if the kids are small children. The kids are in their 20s, so it is no longer the parent's job to make Christmas special.

For Pete's sake.

OP, I would move back home and I would also spend time wondering why I allowed myself to get played like this.

Old 12-27-2017, 07:40 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
[quote=Cyclist1968;50511364]Because again, they have CHILDREN together. Don't you think the children have been thru enough already? geeze louise! I think these adults who somehow couldn't get along, or love each other enough to remain a family unit for their children, can at least spend the holidays together for their children during Thanksgiving, Xmas, etc
And if the father and mother in-laws and their daughter in law still enjoy each other and are bonded, as mother (inlaws) and father (inlaws) do with their daughter (in law) there is no reason why there should be a death of that relationship to boot.

It's this self centered-ness that causes the death of a family already, and here we have more of it being spouted.

The kids ARE NOT KIDS ANYMORE, LOL!! Maybe you missed that! No reason for her to celebrate holidays with the EX!! The ADULT kids can spend the holidays with both parents, separately!

Last edited by CGab; 12-27-2017 at 07:49 PM..

Old 12-27-2017, 08:17 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
The woman wanting to spend holiday time with her ex and his family isn't the concerning part, it's her coldness towards the OP that is the concern. Sounds like she is distancing herself from the OP both emotionally and physically.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I'm not sure why people are posting as if the kids are small children. The kids are in their 20s, so it is no longer the parent's job to make Christmas special.

For Pete's sake.

OP, I would move back home and I would also spend time wondering why I allowed myself to get played like this.
This isn't about making it "special" it's about how most kids, minors or not, appreciate having their family together at Xmas. It's not Rocket Science.

I agree with he needs to move back home but not the played part. He is messing with a woman he barely knows, shacking up with her and her kids. It's the kids who are the victims here, getting played like violins. Sad. Let the family be a family during the holidays.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:27 PM

[quote=CGab;50520882]
Quote:
Because again, they have CHILDREN together. Don't you think the children have been thru enough already? geeze louise! I think these adults who somehow couldn't get along, or love each other enough to remain a family unit for their children, can at least spend the holidays together for their children during Thanksgiving, Xmas, etc
And if the father and mother in-laws and their daughter in law still enjoy each other and are bonded, as mother (inlaws) and father (inlaws) do with their daughter (in law) there is no reason why there should be a death of that relationship to boot.

The kids ARE NOT KIDS ANYMORE, LOL!! Maybe you missed that! No reason for her to celebrate holidays with the EX!! The ADULT kids can spend the holidays with both parents, separately!
Nothing changes. Minor children or adult children, everyone wants their family together during the holidays. Again, not Rocket Science
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships