Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 10:52 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times

Advertisements

you have a history of making weird, fast decisions - being on a dating site without being ready to date. Dating someone and then suddenly deciding to leave the country for good. Then suddenly realizing you want to be here, moving back. Who knows what you wanna do in a month from now?

I wouldn't trust you as far as I can throw a rock. Give him some time, work on building a relationship and then he will probably take it down without you having to ask for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 02:29 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,099 times
You can't make him take his profile down, just like you cannot control any facet of another person's behavior.

What's bothersome about this story is he agreed to take it down, and then didn't. The lie would concern me.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:54 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,369,714 times
If he won't take his profile down, then he won't commit to anything.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:26 PM

60 posts, read 36,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Thing is, if you want to concentrate just on him and prefer only dating one man at a time, that's fine and not even
a bad thing
You just can't expect that he feels the same way about it unless and until he wants to be exclusive with you
I think you're right. i got ahead of myself because the way he expressed his feelings. He said he tried so hard to move on from me but couldn't, I'm very special to him, he feels connected and that he hopes this time we "work out"

Old 01-06-2018, 12:50 AM

1,080 posts, read 836,414 times
Three dates seems a bit early to ask that, IMO, and especially in this case given the on-and-off-history that you two have. I would wait to see if there is going to be more stability there this time. More commitment being established should be what leads to the profiles being taken down, not the other way around.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:51 AM

136 posts, read 97,760 times
Well, you said that you know he's still on match and it showed that he was online because you checked. Well, to check it you would still have to be on match yourself. Your asking him to take his down when your still on it. ???

Old 01-06-2018, 11:50 AM

777 posts, read 452,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenie66 View Post
Well, you said that you know he's still on match and it showed that he was online because you checked. Well, to check it you would still have to be on match yourself. Your asking him to take his down when your still on it. ???
You can hide your profile, so you don't appear in searches and no one should contact you. But even with a hidden profile, you can still search and look.

So you can be on the site, but not looking for matches.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:12 AM

60 posts, read 36,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
Three dates seems a bit early to ask that, IMO, and especially in this case given the on-and-off-history that you two have. I would wait to see if there is going to be more stability there this time. More commitment being established should be what leads to the profiles being taken down, not the other way around.
Well, the third time we got back together, he put my picture on his fridge door after 2 dates. I didn't make a big deal about it...

Old 01-07-2018, 08:49 AM

1,080 posts, read 836,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzhidao View Post
Well, the third time we got back together, he put my picture on his fridge door after 2 dates. I didn't make a big deal about it...
That's sweet, I guess, but irrelevant to whether or not you should expect him to take his profile down already.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:52 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,966,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
you have a history of making weird, fast decisions - being on a dating site without being ready to date. Dating someone and then suddenly deciding to leave the country for good. Then suddenly realizing you want to be here, moving back. Who knows what you wanna do in a month from now?

I wouldn't trust you as far as I can throw a rock. Give him some time, work on building a relationship and then he will probably take it down without you having to ask for it.
This
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships