Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 11:47 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
I know some people have had good results with OLD but I had one site bombard me with matches the last week just before my subscription expired.
I was able to confirm with a couple of them they had been active for months but I had never seen them in my own searches. Proving they were trying to manipulate me into another subscrip.
But if they hadn't turned up in your searches when you were a paid member, what good would paying again do?
Assuming those people fit your search parameters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 02:26 PM

818 posts, read 917,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
But if they hadn't turned up in your searches when you were a paid member, what good would paying again do?
Assuming those people fit your search parameters
Exactly, I can only assume they think everyone is so stupid they will get all excited they renew.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:02 PM

946 posts, read 775,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Actually, this is also very true. It no longer matters for me anyway since I'm in the wrong city.
Are you in Atlanta. Just curious?

Old 01-18-2018, 12:57 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
Are you in Atlanta. Just curious?
No, I wish! I'm stuck in Oklahoma City now.

Old 01-18-2018, 02:08 PM

946 posts, read 775,594 times
Got it.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:57 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Someone send me a compliment and asked

"let me guess - Rose was your favorite Charmed cast member? Anyway, did you make any changes, and if so, what happened?"

No, Piper is my favorite!

I haven't made any changes but I am involved in telephone text tag right now. I had a date last Saturday, but they came down with the flu, so I had lunch alone.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:11 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushan View Post
There now must be a mutual like (via swiping) before messages can even be seen.
Ok, I just tried out the new OkCupid and this isn’t true. You can see the messages sent to you on the sender’s profile. They just won’t show up in your message list and you can’t respond to them until you create a mutual match with the person. Also, if you write to someone who hasn’t “liked” you yet, their profile and the message you sent to them will be hidden unless they reply back to you. This is a good thing because now you can’t receive follow up messages from people who you aren’t interested in and they can’t stalk you to see if you’re online and not answering their messages. It also means that you can’t obsess over anyone that you sent a message to because they will be out of sight and out of mind unless they write you back. In conclusion, I think this is a much better messaging system than it was before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships