Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 11:26 AM

48,520 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This is a good question, but the bottom line is what makes individuals in a couple feel special doesn't have to be tit-for-tat. If he likes to make sure her tank is full, and she likes to make his favorite meals, they don't necessarily have to do the same things back in order for the relationship to be fulfilling.
Can you imagine if they nit pick this much here, what they are like in a relationship?

If the man is happy, and the woman is happy, that's all that counts.

Yes. It really is that simple.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 11:54 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I assumed nothing, I said "if".
You think that assumptions don't contain the word "if"?

"If the molecular pressure is constant..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This is a good question, but the bottom line is what makes individuals in a couple feel special doesn't have to be tit-for-tat. If he likes to make sure her tank is full, and she likes to make his favorite meals, they don't necessarily have to do the same things back in order for the relationship to be fulfilling.
Quote:
Can you imagine if they nit pick this much here, what they are like in a relationship?

If the man is happy, and the woman is happy, that's all that counts.

Yes. It really is that simple.
Sure
But, again, that's not close to what I'm trying to talk about.

Imagine being in a relationship with someone who doesn't know enough about what is happening in the conversation to know that they don't know what is going on in the conversation.

Quote:
The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect

I'm trying to figure out why certain things make people happy. And asking people to figure out why those things make them happy. And if those things should make people happy.

Your lack of understanding has somehow caused you, in your own minds, to transform that into some belief that I hold.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:55 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Not particularly.

What might be shocking to you, is that people can ask questions about something, without believing in the inverse.
Asking a question and badgering are two very different things. Accept the answers you get and move on, then your motive won't be questioned.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:56 AM

48,520 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
You think that assumptions don't contain the word "if"?

"If the molecular pressure is constant..."

Sure
But, again, that's not close to what I'm trying to talk about.

Imagine being in a relationship with someone who doesn't know enough about what is happening in the conversation to know that they don't know what is going on in the conversation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect

I'm trying to figure out why certain things make people happy. And asking people to figure out why those things make them happy. And if those things should make people happy.

Your lack of understanding has somehow caused you, in your own minds, to transform that into some belief that I hold.

I KNOW why some things make me happy. I am not taking more time to explain what serves no purpose.

Other things make other people happy, that's how the world works. I don't need to pick it all apart.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-07-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Asking a question and badgering are two very different things. Accept the answers you get and move on, then your motive won't be questioned.
The answers haven't been answering the questions I've been asking

They've been answering the questions people hear in their head through their own bias.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qim...bc513d79fec6-c

Old 01-07-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I KNOW why some things make me happy. I am not taking more time to explain what serves no purpose.
Why do you believe that it serves no purpose?

Quote:
Other things make other people happy, that's how the world works. I don't need to pick it all apart.
Don't confuse your personal lack of curiosity with something grander.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:05 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:

They've been answering the questions people hear in their head through their own bias.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qim...bc513d79fec6-c
Thank you for proving my point.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Thank you for proving my point.
Thank you for proving mine

Old 01-07-2018, 12:15 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Well then perhaps you aren't setting up the questions appropriately with any relating context. Maybe it is YOU who isn't figuring out how to accept input in a way that would be beneficial to your curiosity.

When one is convinced they are the smartest in the room, they are actually unable to learn anything at all from those around them. You have set yourself up for failure, good day.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Well then perhaps you aren't setting up the questions appropriately with any relating context. Maybe it is YOU who isn't figuring out how to accept input in a way that would be beneficial to your curiosity.
Maybe
Maybe not

Quote:
When one is convinced they are the smartest in the room, they are actually unable to learn anything at all from those around them.
Why would that be?
I disagree with the logical extension of this thought - that the smartest person in the world can't learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships