Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 829 times

Advertisements

maybe just maybe it has nothing todo with looks and everything to do with internal beauty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 09:22 AM

1,080 posts, read 836,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnoftheAgez View Post
Those of you that say you like women natural, think about the woman you're with, or have dated. Were they real?
Yes.

As opposed to what, avatars?

Old 01-17-2018, 09:28 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnoftheAgez View Post
I hear men say all the time that they don't go for the fake boobs, makeup, etc... Yet I see them fall for it time and time again. I think they wish what they are seeing were real, and maybe are too impatient to wait for a real beauty to come along?
I am one of the most real women I know. I am almost 40, and I do not dye my hair. I don't get my nails done. I keep them clean myself--no polish. I honestly don't like the look of nail polish. I don't wear foundation, and the most I wear is tinted Burt's Bees lip balm. I workout intensively, and work hard to maintain my figure, but everything is completely real, and not purchased. No fake boobs, no fake lips, etc... I do not pencil in my eyebrows. Those happen to be real too. I don't use hairspray. About all I use is conditioner.
I don't mean this to brag, but to vent my bafflement at why men continue to fall for it.
I not that long ago broke up with a guy. He said that he liked my natural beauty. I have seen the woman he is with now, and she is 8 years my junior, but looks at least as old as me. There's nothing real about her. Her hair is a different color and cut every week, her boobs are fake, her eyebrows are shaved and penciled back into two thin little lines, she has bright red lipstick and nail polish.
Hmmm...thought he liked my natural look....so tell me guys? It doesn't add up. Why do guys fall for it?
The guy I'm with now tells me all the time that he likes that I'm natural and that I don't need makeup. Yet he told me about a woman from work who is "attractive like you"....he said to me. I saw her out and about one day. She's mousy and plain. I mentioned that to him. He goes, "Well, when I see her at work, she's dressed all nice and fixed up and looks attractive."
So.....guys fall for all the fixing up. They just do, no matter what they say. Not all done up, this gal was plain and homely. I am not being mean, I'm being real. He thought otherwise.....because of all the dolling up. Guys that say they like us natural....don't really mean it.
Care to protest, anyone? Those of you that say you like women natural, think about the woman you're with, or have dated. Were they real? Would you really not ask a woman out or be attracted to her if she were like the woman I described above? Fake hair, boobs, eyebrows, makeup? Be honest.
Yeah I’ll protest your findings. You’re basing “all men” assessment on your one maybe two guys experience. Your guys example may of been a insecure douchebag who needs some arm candy and a Corvette for all I know.

I’m married to a woman 20 years older than I am. And have been for about 24 years now. So that should give you a idea of my marriage longevity. But her age didn’t stop me from loving her any less or lose interest in her over time. Our relationship is IMO better now than it was before because we understand each other even more. I am not superficial to need some fake breasted bleached blonde Barbie doll to make me feel like a man.
You simply cannot speak for all men. You can form a opinion on your exoerience with some men

Old 01-19-2018, 01:00 PM

12 posts, read 11,413 times
Interesting and timely topic for me. Have been dating a woman for two months and it's the best connection I've ever had, by far. We held off on the physical thing for awhile so we could get to know each other before complicating it with sex, but are about ready to go down that road soon.

So last night, she tells me has breast implants, which floored me because firstly, I couldn't tell she's had implants, and also because she's very health oriented via diet and exercise and even got me to stop using plastic water bottles. When she told me I'm sure she could see I was somewhat taken aback, although I didn't overreact one way or another.

I've never liked implants, either the way they look or feel and what they say about a person. While I feel very connected to her, and implants won't change that aspect, I am concerned that they could be a turn-off in bed, and that would be unacceptable for the long run, so I'm not sure how to proceed at this point. My inclination is to let things evolve naturally and see how it goes - maybe I can live with them. But then if I can't live with them, what then? The whole thing makes me feel somewhat shallow, that one part of a woman's body would induce me to break it off with her, but if there's no physical attraction then what's the point? I'm not looking for a platonic relationship.

Also, I'm a little concerned she waited this long to tell me about her implants. Seems like that should have happened a lot sooner.

So I definitely vote 'no' on implants and I think a woman should tell a guy right up front about something like that. And I really can't understand why anyone would want to do that to themselves in the first place. It seems to be pandering to shallowness and societal pressure to conform to someone else's idea of being attractive. My two cents.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:28 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karhuguide View Post

So I definitely vote 'no' on implants and I think a woman should tell a guy right up front about something like that. And I really can't understand why anyone would want to do that to themselves in the first place. It seems to be pandering to shallowness and societal pressure to conform to someone else's idea of being attractive. My two cents.
I agree with you on this, but ... she can tell you when she wants to. She most likely has a ton of anxiety about your reaction to them, specifically because of the things you shared here. As your post proves, people come with all sorts of expectations that make terrifying the idea of sharing your imperfect naked body with someone.

Personally I think she should not have told you. Now you probably will be SUPER aware of them to the point that it may affect your reactions and performance the minute you put your hands on her boobs. How are you not gonna be thinking about it, at that point?

At any rate, I suppose that once y'all "go down that road," if you find you AREN'T actually turned off by them, you'll change your tune? LOL

Old 01-19-2018, 01:51 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I love makeup. Like clothing, decor, and anything else we utilize that isn't purely utilitarian, makeup is a way of expressing how I feel on any given day.

I don't apply it with a trowel or anything - I still want to be recognizable as me, LOL...but OTOH if some woman DOES apply makeup with a trowel then that's her own expression. So be it.

We never really "wear" anything in a purely utilitarian way. If we did we literally would just drape ourselves in unbleached cotton rectangles and go about our day. We'd just tie things up to be out of our way without really any fashion rhyme or reason, we'd be protected from the cold, et voila, done.

People decorate EVERYTHING. We want a certain look and color of car. We have furniture that looks a certain way and is arranged a certain way. We even choose a certain color cell phone. We get our hair cut a certain way (if we literally just wanted our hair out of our way, we'd keep it buzzed anywhere from a quarter inch to an inch and a half or so...it is only the hair directly against our scalp that keeps our heads warm) or we'd grow it without bothering to style it and just tie it back with any old thing, day after day. Men wouldn't shave their faces or if they did because they didn't like the feel of a beard, the final look of the result wouldn't matter much and if it were a bit patchy, so be it, meh, whatever.

We even select our kick-around T-shirts for various reasons, not all of them just because "this shirt feels great" - there is always some sort of decoration, unless we are wearing unbleached, un-dyed jersey...and is there even such a thing?

People decorate their surroundings. People decorate themselves. Want all-natural? Okay, I'm game for the experiment, but you may be moving nervously away from me on the bus.

FTR, I've never had a single man complain about how I looked without makeup v. with, and it can't all be diplomacy, as I've dated a quite socially clueless guy or two. Any who did notice my makeup generally just appreciated that, like the rest of what I had on, I wanted to look more or less pulled together and feel ready for my day.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:21 AM

12 posts, read 11,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

At any rate, I suppose that once y'all "go down that road," if you find you AREN'T actually turned off by them, you'll change your tune? LOL

Maybe I will. At any rate, I’ve decided to try to not think about it too much and let things develop since everything else is going so well. After “getting this off my chest” (pun intended), it seems less of an issue now. Of all the things to have to live with, I guess breast implants rank lower on the list than a lot of other issues. We shall see. Thanks for your input.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:41 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
“Everything in moderation” as far as makeup and dressing up goes.

If your the type that can’t be seen without makeup on or decided you can’t live with a b cup, it’s not a turn off because of the things you do to yourself.

It’s a turn off because you’re fundamentally not ok with being who you are.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:00 PM

602 posts, read 395,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karhuguide View Post
Maybe I will. At any rate, I’ve decided to try to not think about it too much and let things develop since everything else is going so well. After “getting this off my chest” (pun intended), it seems less of an issue now. Of all the things to have to live with, I guess breast implants rank lower on the list than a lot of other issues. We shall see. Thanks for your input.
Can I just add that women get implants for varying reasons? I have heavily considered them (and still considering). My reason - it would make me look much more proportioned than I currently do. And some women who have battled breast cancer might want implants to make themselves look normal. I also think people's perception of breast implants is Pam Anderson. I found out that 2 of my former classmates got implants. The first one got ones properly sized for her frame (she was very flatchested and athletic). The second one, not so much.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:03 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
Can I just add that women get implants for varying reasons? I have heavily considered them (and still considering). My reason - it would make me look much more proportioned than I currently do. And some women who have battled breast cancer might want implants to make themselves look normal. I also think people's perception of breast implants is Pam Anderson. I found out that 2 of my former classmates got implants. The first one got ones properly sized for her frame (she was very flatchested and athletic). The second one, not so much.
This is a good point.

Another example: my friend got implants because she had a double mastectomy at 46 due to breast cancer.

And before anyone says, "Oh, but that's rare!" - yeah. No. No, it's not.

A LOT of "plastic" surgery, while technically cosmetic, is due to injury or illness resulting in an extremely unusual look that the ill person finds difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships