Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you tell if your female partner is getting or on her period?
Yes 20 76.92%
No 4 15.38%
Sometimes 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 08:41 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times

Advertisements

I TELL my husband, and after this much time together he knows anyway. Never knew why it had to be such a secret.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 10:09 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I was this way. I could tell a difference in smell and taste.

I also knew she was pregnant 5 weeks before the pregnancy test. I told her she was pregnant (it was a DIFFERENT different smell and taste), she ignored it. 5 weeks later, the test was undeniably positive.

Sadly, there was no smell or taste to warn me of sociopathy, but I suppose those are the breaks.
My husband new I was pregnant before I did too.
It is little creepy when someone else seems to know more about your body then you .

Old 01-08-2018, 10:13 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Once it starts it is hard to miss.... but knowing the advance signs it was going to start surprised me.
I'm like that, too. Like, "oh, that's why I ate all that cheese/wanted to punch everyone in the face/cried at that dog food commercial, etc..." I used to have a long cycle, but as I'm getting older, it's shortening, which is weird but apparently normal (as per the doc.)

Old 01-08-2018, 10:28 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Yep.

Being with her for 14 years now I notice the small consistent changes in behaviors she exhibits before and after the time has come.

EG: Whenever she becomes unbearably affectionate towards me I know she is a day or two away from receiving.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:30 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
DH didn't track it to avoid PMS (I'm like that normally ), he wanted to catch the week where I turn into a "sex kitten", his words, not mine. /lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-08-2018, 10:32 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
I don't think that the man I'm with now knows except when I tell him. But I'm his first serious relationship, and we don't live quite as closely as many cohabitating couples do. We work & sleep different schedules, and both prefer to have our own rooms to sleep in, and we don't get much time together every single day. We don't share a bathroom. But I tell him, so we can get out the mattress cover and the special sheets. I'm glad neither of us has a need to abstain during that time. I'm not really down with taking a week off from sex.

I don't get mood related PMS, unless you were to replace "pre-" with "post-". I actually get really moody for a few days AFTER my period, for some reason. I do however tend to break out a little before and during.

I can often smell a difference when women are at different points in their cycles, especially if I know them well and I'm familiar with their scent. I can also smell a lactating woman from like across the room. I don't consider any of this to be "eww" bad smells though, it's not a matter of bad hygiene, there is a huge difference between a (good) natural human scent, and a bad unwashed stinky person. I should know. I have teenage sons. lol!

My man does not wear cologne or anything, and his natural scent is so yummy it makes me wanna crawl all over him. People who don't think that people should smell like people are...silly.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:37 PM

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Yep.

Being with her for 14 years now I notice the small consistent changes in behaviors she exhibits before and after the time has come.

EG: Whenever she becomes unbearably affectionate towards me I know she is a day or two away from receiving.
LOL ...I might have to keep a diary for a few months to monitor my own behaviour .

Women .... THEY KNOW!!! THEY MIGHT REALLY KNOW way more then we thought they did !!!

Old 01-08-2018, 12:52 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I was a little shocked that my husband apparently knew that I was just about to get my period.
We have never talk about this and as I don’t care if I get pregnant or not I never track this so I was really surprised he seemed to have this “special knowledge”.

So then I starting to try to figure out how her knew and I was a little shocked by the fact he picked up on all these changes that I seriously never noticed.

Do men usually notice this stuff with out being told or seeing blood?

Or is my husband just paying a lot more attention then I thought he was
All he needed to know was one day that you had your period, then he'd figure that about that time every month was the time. It is not rocket science.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:02 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Yes I can tell quite clearly.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:42 PM

I guess you might also be able to tell how much experience a man has with women by his ability to tell.
I was on the bus a few months back. I was on the first day of my period and was dying!!!! I thought I was going to throw up and I was burning up. I had my head phones on listening to music which is city code for DO NOT TRY TO TALK TO ME lol.

This guy that seemed early 20s was trying to get my attention. I assumed he had a purposeful question like "what time is it" or "do you know where this is?" He wanted ask me ask me how far along I was and commented that I has a certain glow ....LMAO.

Now how I resisted breaking him in 2 was a miracle. In the nicest way possible I just said .... "Oh??? Not that far along and put my head phones back on".

What I wanted to say contains so many worlds that would be blocked out ... so I will just keep that to myself !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships