Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 11:30 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by not enough View Post
Probably because that's all they've known but people who sit back and wait so they can do the rejecting won't understand this.
Everybody gets rejected man even women get shot down sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 12:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Probably because that's all they've known but people who sit back and wait so they can do the rejecting won't understand this.
Most people have been rejected, and more than once, that's for sure. Most, yes, including most women. That's just a fact, but perhaps you're thinking of the extreme minority of unbelievably hot women who rarely, if ever, get turned down? 'Cause those are the only ones you actually see? Not the poor wallflowers just praying some guy will eventually notice them. They're invisible...

Just a guess. I could be wrong. But I'm definitely NOT wrong on the fact that the overwhelming majority of us have been rejected.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Women who complain that men should do the approaching don't get rejected.
Of course they do.

Many women approach. Including directly. As in, "Want to go see Show X tonight?" And many get rejected. Often while still in school. Very young ages.

Because the person we like does not always like us. That's a simple fact, for both sexes. If it weren't a fact, we'd all be coupled up permanently by age 16 and nobody would ever get divorced.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:59 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Most people have been rejected, and more than once, that's for sure. Most, yes, including most women. That's just a fact, but perhaps you're thinking of the extreme minority of unbelievably hot women who rarely, if ever, get turned down? 'Cause those are the only ones you actually see? Not the poor wallflowers just praying some guy will eventually notice them. They're invisible...

Just a guess. I could be wrong. But I'm definitely NOT wrong on the fact that the overwhelming majority of us have been rejected.
I think it's fair to say though that Women don't get rejected the volume men do overall because men are more the approaches/pursuers.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:01 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
I don't see any women anymore, what would you tell a guy who was just praying for a women to notice him?

I'd tell them to get a grip. Women don't notice me, they don't notice most people. So the freak what.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I don't see any women anymore, what would you tell a guy who was just praying for a women to notice him?
I'd tell him what girls just naturally do: spruce yourself up, put yourself out there, be brave and go up to that girl (guy...in the case of the woman) and strike up a conversation. Have something to offer: be smart, funny, whatever. The girl (guy) won't just arrive on your doorstep magically.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
This is not a debate I know what I know and I have my mind made up.

So why are you involved with a discussion if you have nothing to give or take on the issue?

Old 02-26-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I think it's fair to say though that Women don't get rejected the volume men do overall because men are more the approaches/pursuers.
Are we moving the goal posts? I was answering the assertion that women don't get rejected.

That's balderdash. They do. Absolutely. Directly, subtly, after the relationship is going on but the woman gets gradually phased out or is ghosted, and on and on.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:57 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I have 5 lady friends who'd disagree with you big time.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
So I shouldn't post if I'm not willing to let my mind be changed?

Generally people enter discussions to gain information and learn, which will shape their opinions, and give information from their experiences, for others to learn; I have found.

If one is not willing to have their viewpoints altered at all it doesn't make much sense to engage in dialogue on that issue. What is the constructive point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships