Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 08:47 AM

212 posts, read 162,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
OP, I feel like maybe you were searching for reasons to cut this off. I think deep down you just weren't feeling it. Flowers and kisses won't be a turn-off when you meet the right person. I was hoping this would wind up being a love story. But you two just aren't a match.
I barely knew the guy, we only had 5 dates, I don't want to rush into instant commitment with a stranger, I need time to get to know the person. Want someone who actually wants to take the time to get to know me as well and not just judge me based on looks. I am honest and upfront with everyone before meeting, I tell them that I am not looking to jump into a relationship, I prefer to date and become friends first and let things develop naturally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 05:59 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteGem View Post
I barely knew the guy, we only had 5 dates, I don't want to rush into instant commitment with a stranger, I need time to get to know the person. Want someone who actually wants to take the time to get to know me as well and not just judge me based on looks. I am honest and upfront with everyone before meeting, I tell them that I am not looking to jump into a relationship, I prefer to date and become friends first and let things develop naturally.
Yeah, but just one kiss isn't a commitment and definitely not after 5 dates. I'm not saying you're wrong but what you want may be unusual. More than 5 dates just for a "big" kiss? You can find that but it may take some time. I don't think you're wrong but at the same time there is no sense in you thinking he did something wrong either - he wanted something very normal.

As I said, you aren't a match. You were questioning him well before the kiss. Then each thing he did seemed wrong to you. This wasn't because of the kiss. Nobody is to blame, just move on.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:23 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yeah, but just one kiss isn't a commitment and definitely not after 5 dates. I'm not saying you're wrong but what you want may be unusual. More than 5 dates just for a "big" kiss? You can find that but it may take some time. I don't think you're wrong but at the same time there is no sense in you thinking he did something wrong either - he wanted something very normal.

As I said, you aren't a match. You were questioning him well before the kiss. Then each thing he did seemed wrong to you. This wasn't because of the kiss. Nobody is to blame, just move on.
Yup.

She's just not that into him. If she was, this wouldn't be an issue.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:34 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,525,573 times
Quote:
Roses are for romance, the more the merrier.
To you. Roses are not even one of my top five favorite flowers. And I think you're being completely unrealistic to expect roses from a man you won't even let kiss you. Sounds like you wouldn't let him romance you, although he tried.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:43 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
To you. Roses are not even one of my top five favorite flowers. And I think you're being completely unrealistic to expect roses from a man you won't even let kiss you. Sounds like you wouldn't let him romance you, although he tried.
Yeah, OP it's not fair to judge a man by unwritten rules.

A realistic person would be gracious and thankful that he got her flowers rather than critical, judgmental and pissy that he didn't read your mind.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:15 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Roses are for romance, the more the merrier.
But this is something you made up in your own head.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:44 PM

I have it written on my person ad, roses are for romance, so it's there in black and white to the one discerning gentleman that takes the time to actually show real interested in me.

Regardless, so I put my ad back and up went to meet a new guy for lunch. I am still relatively new at this, but in his profile photos he had hair and looked good. In person he was balding badly and had a beer belly.

Normally I would grin and bear it but the thought of having to sit with him for an hour for lunch was making me want to vomit. I hope I wasn't too rude but I told him that this wasn't going to work out, it was nice meeting you but I am going to leave, have a good day. I went and treated myself to lunch and some shopping.

I don't understand why he would put 10 year old photos and act like I won't notice, then waste my time sitting across from him making conversation like nothing is the matter. Honesty is the best policy imo.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:56 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
I have it written on my person ad, roses are for romance, so it's there in black and white to the one discerning gentleman that takes the time to actually show real interested in me.
Does it just say it like that? Do you think that is clear enough that men will know it means not to mess around and give you any other kind of flower?

Where I am from, red roses = "true love," so I can understand why a man might not want to offer you those early on.

Quote:

I don't understand why he would put 10 year old photos and act like I won't notice, then waste my time sitting across from him making conversation like nothing is the matter.
From what I hear, that's very common with online dating.

Did you say something about the discrepancy so he will know what the problem is?

Old 02-11-2018, 01:56 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
Quote:

Regardless, so I put my ad back and up went to meet a new guy for lunch. I am still relatively new at this, but in his profile photos he had hair and looked good. In person he was balding badly and had a beer belly.

Normally I would grin and bear it but the thought of having to sit with him for an hour for lunch was making me want to vomit. I hope I wasn't too rude but I told him that this wasn't going to work out, it was nice meeting you but I am going to leave, have a good day. I went and treated myself to lunch and some shopping.

I don't understand why he would put 10 year old photos and act like I won't notice, then waste my time sitting across from him making conversation like nothing is the matter. Honesty is the best policy imo.

Rude, that was just rude. He wasn't honest with his pictures, but there is a right way to treat a person.
Most people schedule a short meet like coffee or a drink which could last a few minutes or a few hours. Since you feel the urge to vomit easily, you may want to consider short meets. It is quite possible that some man may feel the urge to vomit sitting across the table from you.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Does it just say it like that? Do you think that is clear enough that men will know it means not to mess around and give you any other kind of flower?

Where I am from, red roses = "true love," so I can understand why a man might not want to offer you those early on.

From what I hear, that's very common with online dating.

Did you say something about the discrepancy so he will know what the problem is?
I see now about the roses, I actually love white roses but remove that and be more open to possibilities.

As for telling him that I didn't think it was nice how he has photos that are at least 10 years old and he is now bald and looking beat, no I didn't say that. I stayed about 15 minutes to see if there was any chemistry but he wouldn't stop complaining about his work and his ex-wife. At that point, I was thinking to myself, we haven't ordered and I cannot sit another 45 minutes listening to this banter so decided to call it a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships