Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 05:28 AM

22 posts, read 13,383 times

Advertisements

Hi, so here's what i'm really confused about. I broke up with my ex girlfriend like 2 months ago ( i was dumped for being way too clingy/needy ). The thing is, i still do love her and i actually texted her on new years evening wishing her happy new year. We texted for a bit that evening before she replied with: "please don't text me anymore, i don't want any problems. Just don't show in my life anymore". and removed me from facebooks friends list. I just responded with: "Okay". However, whats really strange she actually messaged me herself in the evening the day after! She texted me: "well, i am coming to visit your town tonight". I just replied with: "that's great, have a good evening!"And that's it.. i didn't want to ask her if she was willing to meet up for a coffee or something just because what she texted me the day before.. So all of this happened like 2 weeks ago. What's interesting, she actually just invited me to friends on facebook at 3am yesterday. I did accept the invite, however she did not text me anything yet. I really don't wanna text her first.. Do you think i should? Or should i just wait for her to break the ice? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 05:35 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
I think that your not overwhelming her with messages and texts has shown her that you can just be friends.....So, that is why she allowed you back into her friends group on FB.

I would suggest that you continue just like you are, messaging her back....only when she messages you....Do not initiate contact through text or FB.....just respond "in kind" meaning do not read more into it....keep your emotions level if you want to remain in contact...simple as that. Good luck

Old 01-13-2018, 06:04 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times
This text and Facebook thing is nutty. Don't people communicate any more? If you want to date your old girlfriend, pick up the phone, call her, and work through how things are going to change so she's not perceiving you as clingy/needy. For most of us, that requires some daily effort.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:09 AM

953 posts, read 843,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
This text and Facebook thing is nutty. Don't people communicate any more? If you want to date your old girlfriend, pick up the phone, call her, and work through how things are going to change so she's not perceiving you as clingy/needy. For most of us, that requires some daily effort.
I agree with the above member ... take at least a short-term break from her, but more importantly give Facebook and texting a rest (preferably a longer one).

Old 01-13-2018, 06:12 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,530,629 times
Let it go. When it’s over, it’s over.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:14 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,578,000 times
Sounds like she has some kind of emotion issue, and using you as a way for escape. I believe she has no other people to contact, so you are like her last option. My suggestion is to leave it up to her. You shoudlnt text her or talk to her because I feel like she is taking advantage of you being a nice guy.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:23 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,353,101 times
NO! Do not text her. Do nothing beyond what you have done--accept her "friend" request. Read NOTHING into it.

She's bored: nothing more, nothing less. Treat it like you would if you ran into an old acquaintance in a store. You'd say hi, maybe catch up and be done.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:34 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
For your own mental health, unfriendly her immediately. The only way you’re going to clear your head is to keep her out of it.

Next, find other people and activities to fill in some of that lonely space. Seek out new adventures that have little to do with your old relationship.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:20 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Do you not remember this response to one of your previous threads about her, OP? Pay attention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
What it means is, you managed to behave for 4 days, leaving her alone. That took the power out of her hands.

Normally I wouldn't think this, but signing off with your "given minutes being used up," and actually signing off, was meant to pique your interest, and intrigue you.

Mean she wants you back? Not likely. Sorry, just not likely, no matter how much you wish it.

Mean she's playing a game of her own? Yep.

You stayed away for 4 days. Despite that she's the dumper and you the dump-ee, simply getting over a relationship that ended abruptly is not easy for either party. She's still getting used to the new reality same as you -- and by behaving for 4 days, leaving her alone, you showed you were learning to handle it, perhaps in her mind to handle it better than she.

So talk, laugh, joke around pleasantly to show you what you're missing, and then seize the "power" (it's not really power, it's foolish people doing foolish things) by controlling the moment.

Be nice, be sociable, be a pleasant guy -- but DON'T start wishing or wondering. No more "what-if" nonsense.

The moment you start feeling like you need to show someone what you're worth, the relationship has already gone sour. If you have to prove you're worth having, they can't see it, no matter what they say. Otherwise (and I'll bet you've heard this one before) there wouldn't be a million-billion-kajillion rejections that went like this:

Ohhh, you're wonderful,
But I'm sorry --
I just don't see you THAT way.
Someday, some fantastic woman is gonna come along
And she's going to scoop you right up
And she'll be the luckiest girl in the whole world
Because she's got a wonderful guy like you
But no, not me -- sorry.
We can still be friends, though.

Even if you never got that one, you know plenty of guys who did, don't you?
Learn from it. People generally say not what they mean, but what they want us to hear. Those who will shoot straight with you either have nothing to lose or gain, OR they're your best friends and you need to listen to them.
IGNORE HER.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:32 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,325,014 times
Unfriend on Facebook, dont answer texts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships