Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2018, 01:51 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Casually

...reg00123 sidles up to date...

"Weird weather we're having...right? That freak storm. Ha ha, I probably sound like my grandpa right now. So anyway, I'm dumping you. How are the kids, good? All right, awesome! Later then."

Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 12:02 PM

77 posts, read 59,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerz View Post
...reg00123 sidles up to date...

"weird weather we're having...right? That freak storm. Ha ha, i probably sound like my grandpa right now. So anyway, i'm dumping you. How are the kids, good? All right, awesome! Later then."

:d

Old 03-18-2018, 12:10 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,080,730 times
Just say no. Say it enough, and they will stop asking.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:11 PM

639 posts, read 376,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesoriley86 View Post
Was curious how others end casual dating, if you are dating people from dating apps with no intentions of relationships do you allow things to just fizzle out naturally or do you formally tell them this has run its course and I don’t think we should see each other?
I make my intentions known up front. When things are fizzling out, I just let them know I'm losing interest and am moving on. We remain 'friends' however for future endeavors if it would occur.

The same goes back and forth, and most of the time people just move on as they know that the relationship was purely physical.

Best just to be straight forward from the beginning.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:01 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,719,651 times
Everyone has a different defination of casual dating. You don't have to date for romantic purposes. You don't have to date to have casual, or serious, sex. There are lots of enjoyable reasons to ask someone out without either of these intentions.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:18 PM

49 posts, read 21,167 times
Yea I found it interesting that the thread title is casual dating but a few people included that to mean, casual sex also.

IMO until you have the talk about being exclusive to each other, you can call it casual dating or you can date other people at the same time. There may have been emotional attachments made and even talk of future things together, but because there was no commitment and no exclusive dating,

That means if you begin having interest in another person, it may naturally take up your time that you cannot meet the first person anymore. It's nice if you inform the other person when they try to ask you out but if you also just let things slide without further communication, that is also informing them.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:49 PM

32 posts, read 20,738 times
If it was just one date and I'm not into it and/or if I feel like the other person wasn't into me, I usually let it just fizzle, but if it was a few dates and we exchanged a lot of words, then I usually try to politely say that I'm no longer interested. Also, if the date is needy and/or stalkerish, then I definitely make my no interest very clear.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:12 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,719,651 times
I generally used the "right to disappear", as my justification.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:08 AM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times
In Defense of Ghosting

Old 04-11-2018, 09:19 AM

20,369 posts, read 14,644,040 times
If I had one or two dates with someone and I don't want to keep seeing them, I don't usually consider that "casual dating." To me, that's the test drive, the trial run, the "do I even like you?" interview. If it doesn't go well, I'll let that person know that I don't think we are a good fit and wish them luck and stop talking to them.

If I had an ongoing thing where we seemed to like one another, but we were keeping things casual and uncommitted for whatever reason... From my end of things, the reason that would normally stop happening, is that one out of however many "casual" partners began crossing into "not-so-casual" territory, and it is time to think about exclusivity. Which means cutting all of the others loose. In that case, I would let them know that I'm now in a committed relationship, and while it was fun and all, I'm no longer available for romance or intimacy, but I'd love to remain friends if they want. If not, that's ok too, I understand and wish them the best.

The reason I think I dislike ghosting (from the perspective of the one doing it to someone else) is that I always imagine it as this unresolved thing where the other person has no idea what happened or where they stand or why. So I'm thinking, if we run into one another one day, it's going to be awkward. It's better to give them some little bit of closure so that they don't have awkward questions one day about what the heck happened... At least, that's what I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships