Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 10:51 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,754,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
I used to try to calculate these things with a calculator, but I struggled with women. Then I learned how to program in MatLab, and I was swarmed with women.........

... said no man, ever.
"Boys don't make passes at girls who do maths...es."

Old 01-19-2018, 10:51 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,927,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
I used to try to calculate these things with a calculator, but I struggled with women. Then I learned how to program in MatLab, and I was swarmed with women.........

... said no man, ever.
What are you talking about??? That's how my husband got me.

He actually wore this thing on his face that came over one eye like the Terminator.

He said I looked totes sexy with a green dotted oval around me and a red X overlaid in the center. (Yeah. I swooned. I admit it.)

Old 01-19-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle25_0 View Post
The ratings scale isn't juvenile at all and each person's number is different depending on who is rating them because as i said no one person likes the same thing. You can be a 4 to one person and 9 to another. It's all about individual preference.
Exactly. Which is not how a rating scale actually works. There is no consistent and reliable rubric.

So ... juvenile AND unreliable!

Old 01-19-2018, 10:55 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,927,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Exactly. Which is not how a rating scale actually works. There is no consistent and reliable rubric.

Yes! This! ^ Exactly.

Therefore...irrelevant. Even from a purely academic-interest perspective.

There's just...really nothing here. I mean I love data and I love psychology, and I'm fascinated by biology. But in this case, we kind of just have nada.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
What are you talking about??? That's how my husband got me.

He actually wore this thing on his face that came over one eye like the Terminator.

He said I looked totes sexy with a green dotted oval around me and a red X overlaid in the center. (Yeah. I swooned. I admit it.)
OK now THAT is funny ...

SCAN MODE
SIZE ASSESSMENT
SET TO ACQUISITION
SYSTEM OVERRIDE

Old 01-19-2018, 11:01 AM

53 posts, read 86,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

You can make the case it's unreliable. But it's not juvenile because almost every man regardless of age uses their set scale to determine attractiveness initially. Their own rubric is consistent and reliable in how they are decide who they are initially attracted to.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:08 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,334,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle25_0 View Post
Stop with your faux feminist outrage.

The numbers scale applies to men as well. However women tend to care more for a man's face during most times of the month excluding when they are ovulating. Then women care about a man's body equally if not more.
But you didn't use men as an example nor did you calculate the relative value of men's bodies versus their faces, and I feel slighted. You can redeem yourself, though.

Do you have any information regarding how much women's preferences shift during, say, the first 12 hours they're ovulating as compared to the last 12 hours. I ask because I'm definitely a male butterface but with a keen sense of when a woman is ovulating, so I'd like to be able to maximized my thin comparative advantage.

It's also a timing issue. Beard stubble seems to earn me a half a point, maybe a full point. Too much stubble starts becoming a half a$$ed beard, though, which loses a guy about 1 point on the facial axis. If a given women ovulates for about 2 days, if I stop shaving when she starts ovulating my facial hair and her impaired judgment will line up nicely. If she only ovulates for a day, I have to have that information in my women's ovulation schedule and duration database and plan my facial hair accordingly.

Also, I'm about a 4 face on a 7 body. So back to the stubble, which seems to be tied to dominance and physicality. Must that additional 1 be added to my facial axis score or can it be added to my body axis score, since it may be tapping into the same primitive drive? It matters regarding the weighing of each category.

Any help would be appreciated, as long as I get it before 4 pm today, CST. I need to be as close to a 6 overall (combined and weighted face and body axis scores) as possible by that time, cuz I have a date and my ovulation database is about ready to pay dividends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.