Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 03:38 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbin778 View Post
I should clarify for the most part it's just random guys I work with, or some acquaintances.
That's even worse!

It may be meant as a compliment to her, but it's a slight to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 03:43 PM

581 posts, read 456,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, the kids said it because they wanted to prove to one another that they're generally horny, ergo, they must be men.

It was more for them than for you.

So I guess harmless...sure...I don't think anybody is thinking any of these men (or in your case, kids) are going to aggressively be harmful to the women they're, er, complimenting. It's not because of potential harm that I think some women object to the phrase.

But what if a grown man were to say this to your husband? That's the scenario the OP posted. If you'd be fine with that, that's all good too, just pointing out the difference here. In your case, it was boys trying to prove they're men. If you hadn't been around they'd probably have said it about the dogs instead. (Kidding, sort of...) Anything to prove they're "all grown up" because, well, REAL mean want to deck anything that can' run away fast enough.

It's a phase...
Wow, your just a ball of sunshine aren't you?

Old 01-19-2018, 03:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
LOL you know what the more respectful version of that is, for a grown man talking to another grown man about his wife?

"You're a lucky man."

I've always understood that to be a nicer way of saying, "dude I would totally bang your wife...but I don't want you to punch me, so I won't say that to you."

Guys? Am I right or wrong about this?
I don't know, that totally isn't the way I ever took it. To me that always meant all inclusive, like the wife was everything one might want in a wife, pretty, charming, smart, attentive, funny, whatever. Because anybody can get must one or two of these things; to have them all is a reason for envy. Ergo, the "lucky" comment.

Not "dude, I'd poke your wife! Oh yar har! You feel me?" like MILF implies. Or...pretty much outright states. I mean with that F in there and all.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:16 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbin778 View Post
I have posted about my relationship before, but for the record, I am 30, wife is 43. She is in great shape, exercises, eats right etc. etc. and of course she works hard, has a good career smart and intelligent and very young at heart so I love her for all kinds of reasons. Now I don't ever go out of my way to boost about her looks or anything, but I don't hide it, as in I have pictures of us together where anyone can see, have pictures on my phone etc.

One thing I have gotten is that when it comes to other guys is I get a "She's a MILF!" or "What a hot MILF" or some variation. I do of course talk about her other qualities but obviously like any woman her looks are the one thing that immediately stands out, especially with other guys. I have told my wife about it and she just laughs and seems to take it in stride and not see it as a big deal. But how would you feel about it?
Lucky man based upon the first paragraph. Don’t fug it up!

Old 01-19-2018, 07:08 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
It's a clumsy, or immature, or, crude way to say that they find her attractive.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:30 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
It's a clumsy, or immature, or, crude way to say that they find her attractive.
If a lady called me a DILF I wouldn’t be offended but would just give me a smile.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Stacey mom got going on,she's all I need,and all that I want.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:47 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
I don’t think I’d be offended per se, but it would make me feel old.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:52 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
I wouldn't take it as a compliment. When my teenage daughter had guy friends over, she appreciated it if I made myself scarce. Not because I flirted or dressed provocatively, but she overheard the guy she liked ask me if we had any body wash, I asked why, was he planning on taking a shower? he replied: "I don't know, are we?" wink. wink...that was startling, and weird to me.

If some guy told my SO I was a MILF, I wouldn't be impressed, either. I didn't study for years to learn how to attract men who are interested only in sex, I don't have student loans I still pay on because I borrowed thousands to learn how to be sexy. I don't have decades of experience in sex hoping it would get me a position as MILF.

If someone told my SO they would really appreciate my help navigating through the health care system, or would like my advice on what to do about their out of control mentally ill family member, or how much would I charge to paint a landscape with their house and some wildlife....then I'd be flattered! But any woman can find her hole. So what.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:24 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,003,209 times
Okay, I'm not qualified for this thread (I'm a man), but I'll answer anyway, to give my perspective.

Looks aside, I find older women generally more attractive. It's not just the looks, but mostly about the way they carry themselves.

*uncouth warning* They do look different! Put aging, sagging, wrinkles aside and consider a healthy older woman for once. Their face shape is different (generally more "masculine", but I prefer it), their breasts and buttocks are generally bigger, and a few more tangible but subtle things.

I'd never call such a woman a MILF to her face. Neither would I call her a MILF in front of her husband (I would be more subtle). But in the back of my head is the word MILF. It doesn't mean you're old, used up, and sub-par. It means you happen to be older and you're sexier than the day is long. That's all.

Are you 20? You're younger. Are you 40? You're older. Are you sexy? Well that's a different thing entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships