Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 09:00 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times

Advertisements

It's amazing what people will put up with because someone's good looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 09:01 AM

22 posts, read 14,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Now you made me feel sorry for him too.

You still cant neglect your kid or yourself over it. Ignore his texts until you are on a break, off work and on downtime with the kid for the day. Maybe he'll get the hint. and understand that just because his life is stationary it doesn't mean that yours is too. If he wants to be childish and not text you for 24 hours - hey! Okay, you got a day off, lol.

I hope he gets his transplant, and you both can get back to something more normal.
Thanks for your comment. I agree. I won't text him back, and if he decides to come back, I'll explain that I have stuff to do and can't text 24/7. If he doesn't accept it, it's his problem. And if he does, than fine

Old 01-20-2018, 09:18 AM

314 posts, read 439,783 times
BLOCK THIS CLOWN NOW !

It sounds like a scam to me anyhow.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:12 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
Just because a person can send you photos of someone getting dialysis, his home and his parents doesn't mean he's not a scammer catfishing you.

Remember Manti Te'o? Notre Dame: Football Star Manti Te'o Was 'Catfished' in Girlfriend Hoax - ABC News

BLOCK HIM NOW!

BTW--I do question if there is more than one scam going on here.

Last edited by rrah; 01-20-2018 at 10:49 AM..

Old 01-20-2018, 10:12 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS_Lady View Post
I think he just has mental issues. I would define this as a Borderline Personality Disorder.

Of course there are many scammers out there on dating websites, but he's not the case. I also think he will not come back.
You are doing a great job making excuses for him.

It sounds like you are moving on, which is good. But for your sake you need to recognize red flag behavior.

He most likely is looking for a caretaker. He will probably move on to someone else quickly. His looks enable him to do that. He comes on real strong real fast. That's the "scammy" aspect of what he is doing.

Live and learn.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:36 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
This 34-year old man is acting like a much young person infatuated with anyone who will give him the time of day, but in addition he watches too many Hallmark and Lifetime movies.
This is classic Nigerian scammer language. Have you ever spoken to him on the phone or Face-timed with him, OP?

Old 01-20-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
This is classic Nigerian scammer language. Have you ever spoken to him on the phone or Face-timed with him, OP?
Why Nigerian? He is white. We chatted through Skype once.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

He most likely is looking for a caretaker.
Why caretaker? He can move without any problems. And he works part-time on a volunteer basis and goes to sport every day.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:57 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS_Lady View Post
Why caretaker? He can move without any problems. And he works part-time on a volunteer basis and goes to sport every day.
You're defending him a lot. So then what's the problem? You want him despite his craziness, so put up with that. Good luck and be advised that even faux scam kidney dialysis is hella expensive.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:04 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You're defending him a lot. So then what's the problem? You want him despite his craziness, so put up with that. Good luck and be advised that even faux scam kidney dialysis is hella expensive.
It seems like it could be the idea that keeps her involved.This dramatic romantic possessive guy is crazy head over heels for her, but in reality theres nothing stopping her from meeting him in person- unless she also suspects that this is too good to be true, and doesn't want it to end...

Real relationships are a lot less exciting than pretend ones!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships