Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 05:38 PM

52,240 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whothehellcares View Post
In the US, it's a known fact that 9/10 would never date a Brown South Asian man due to social stigma, dating hierarchies, perceived social mobility value, negative stereotypes and fear of being mocked/ridiculed by their peers.

How much of an issue is this in Canada compared to the US? After living in the US for a decade, have decided to move to Canada and explore living in Canada this time. Just wanted to find out if there would be any upgrade/improvement in my social life in Canada compared to the US. I don't try to date much in the US anymore and haven't since the past 7 years due to what I have read in the media, very biased and often racist portrayal etc. Just wondering if people in Canada look at these things any differently.
How about you judge people for them and don't pay attention to the "media", the media isn't a place where you should judge the world, you should judge the world by living in the world and interacting with real people.

You haven't dated in 7 years because of media bias?? Sounds down right silly to me.

Go out there and engage in life a bit more.

You move to Canada and your still stuck with your odd approach at living life.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:17 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whothehellcares View Post
Never said there's anything wrong with being Brown and Asian. However, it's a known fact that they rank lowest in the racial totem pole in the US and so most American women would only consider them if they had no options, or if they were interested in their money etc.
Where I live, in the Southern US, there are hardly any brown Asian people, except maybe at the local University or in the medical profession. The only place I’ve ever read of any “ranking” is from disgruntled Asian men like yourself.

If I were single and looking, I’d date guys like you, especially if you were interesting.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships