Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 11:22 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Other people's sex lives are not my business.. Nor do I ask them about it.
And yet you thought you would be "slammed" for not wanting casual sex. Why did you think that would happen? It seems like you assume that most people look down on monogamy. I'm curious about where you got that idea, since you say don't know anything about other people's sex lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 11:25 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
And yet you thought you would be "slammed" for not wanting casual sex. Why did you think that would happen? It seems like you assume that most people look down on monogamy. I'm curious about where you got that idea, since you say don't know anything about other people's sex lives.
There's always going to be that person who wants to be a jerk about some things. This being one.

That's why I said what I said.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:28 AM

35,072 posts, read 31,293,790 times
College was a great opportunity for this.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:36 AM

602 posts, read 395,928 times
OP, I don't know how old you are, but look for a woman in her mid 30's to mid-late 40's. I would like a relationship but can't deal with one right now. I wouldn't mind funning around with a younger guy (and have done so before) for a while.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:11 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,813,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
OP, I don't know how old you are, but look for a woman in her mid 30's to mid-late 40's. I would like a relationship but can't deal with one right now. I wouldn't mind funning around with a younger guy (and have done so before) for a while.
Well I’m 35, but I prefer a woman in her 50s. Not sure why. It’s kinda hard to find one that wants a younger guy my age, though

Old 01-22-2018, 12:47 PM

45 posts, read 57,435 times
IMO, When I am on line dating, I am looking for a relationship, or casual dating without the sex. Now if I know someone IRL, I already know if there is chemistry or not, so I would be more apt to have fun with no strings if that was agreed upon initially. As a woman in her 50's, I think chemistry and compatibility are way more important than age.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:47 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'll probably be slammed for this but the whole idea of having casual sex/fwb is just so...unsatisfying. Granted I'm only 28, I still preferred a serious relationship rather than hooking up with multiple women. But that's just me.
^ That's awesome! I never was the hookup type myself. Why bother? If it is literally just physical, well...I don't need anybody else (and potential STDs, entanglements, etc.) for that. I need something more there.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
Well I’m 35, but I prefer a woman in her 50s. Not sure why. It’s kinda hard to find one that wants a younger guy my age, though

Well...because you're going after older women because you figure they'll eagerly put out and that's all you want, and they KNOW this because they're old enough to be smart.

If you should ever come across one who just literally wants a toy, well okay, then it will all work out, but why limit yourself age-wise if you're hoping for a hookup? If you are looking just for sex, you are reducing your possible numbers as it is...when you put an age limit on it, you're reducing them further.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:35 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,813,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well...because you're going after older women because you figure they'll eagerly put out and that's all you want, and they KNOW this because they're old enough to be smart.

If you should ever come across one who just literally wants a toy, well okay, then it will all work out, but why limit yourself age-wise if you're hoping for a hookup? If you are looking just for sex, you are reducing your possible numbers as it is...when you put an age limit on it, you're reducing them further.
I see what you are saying but I don’t think older women are easier. I just like the looks of a mature woman better, tbh. I would have a relationship with a woman that age but a lot of them aren’t going to be interested in a relationship with me anyway because i don’t have the finances they want (a woman I dated in her 50s told me this).

Old 01-22-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
I see what you are saying but I don’t think older women are easier. I just like the looks of a mature woman better, tbh. I would have a relationship with a woman that age but a lot of them aren’t going to be interested in a relationship with me anyway because i don’t have the finances they want (a woman I dated in her 50s told me this).
Okay, again, finances. These women are assuming you want something from them. They may feel you are going after an "older" woman to be a "kept" man. They want an equal partnership. You're not presenting things that way. You're basically saying: hey, I want just sex...and she should be a lot older than I am. Even though I'm sure you're not straight-up saying that, trust me, they feel it.

This is going to make things a bit tougher on you. Throw into the mix the fact that you really DON'T want a relationship, you are just going for sex and...just no. It's going to be no for a large percentage. Perhaps most.

I don't know how to advise you from here. Just not really sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships