Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 07:11 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,196,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
It wouldn't bother me in the least. The only objection I had to my late h's "man cave" was that it was an absolute sty. When he ran out of room in there due to his hoarding he began to take over MY office space - um, no babe. You got yours, leave mine alone! (Especially since his space was twice the size of mine).
You might reconsider if you saw all the "animated" women & scenarios he creates on the regular...

Exhibit 9435 is on the screen in the pic.

OP- Women kryptonite is not just the room. All the "scenes/situations" with fake, computer generated woman will do it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 07:35 AM

23,154 posts, read 26,047,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
You might reconsider if you saw all the "animated" women & scenarios he creates on the regular...

Exhibit 9435 is on the screen in the pic.

OP- Women kryptonite is not just the room. All the "scenes/situations" with fake, computer generated woman will do it for you.
So what?
He has a serious "hobby" which he is good at.
If any LT relationship develops where what his house looks like matters, he has said before he doesn't care if a woman decorates it whatever way she wants.
Many men have pretty atrocious 'bachelor pads'

Old 01-22-2018, 07:43 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,196,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
So what?
He has a serious "hobby" which he is good at.
If any LT relationship develops where what his house looks like matters, he has said before he doesn't care if a woman decorates it whatever way she wants.
Many men have pretty atrocious 'bachelor pads'
Clearly, you haven't read most of OPs threads.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:55 AM

11,364 posts, read 24,322,312 times
If you add a comfy sofa with soft decorative pillows and a warm throw blanket, a woman could nest up and hang out in there with you.

Be sure the rest of your house is clean. Stock up on tea, sparkling water, cheese, crackers, fruit and nuts.

Have fluffy towels and clean sheets, too.

That way a woman will feel comfortable and welcome in your space.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:05 AM

23,154 posts, read 26,047,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Clearly, you haven't read most of OPs threads.
I've read them all.
In case you don't know, I am female so my post is from a woman's perspective....just my own, of course.
I suppose I do not expect perfection like so many on here seem to.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:22 AM

13,262 posts, read 7,933,685 times
A man cave wouldn't be very appealing to me, but so what? If I had a she shed, it'd be the frilliest, sparkliest, laciest she shed ever invented, and my husband would probably hate it, and so what? It's not for him. lol

What my husband and I DO have is shared space. So our family room is given over to our love of Louisiana and Mardi-Gras, and HE has a shelf in the family room given over to World of Warcraft figures, Walking Dead figures, and Marvel and DC comics figures. That room is also where we watch TV, and there's a computer for each of us.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:29 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,566,018 times
Man caves in general are not a turnoff.

A woman who gets to the point of coming to your house will probably have a good idea at that point what you're interested in.

But when she gets there, please don't have that image of the naked woman splayed on the monitor like an insect pinned down in a collection. THAT is a turnoff:

Mod cut: Copyrighted image.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-22-2018 at 02:35 PM..

Old 01-22-2018, 08:35 AM

24,261 posts, read 14,110,687 times
I set up our game room. Pool table, video gaming area with big TV and multiple gaming systems, couches, a board game area, bar, and soda fountain. I even built my wifes office as a birthday gift and finished it to look like a steam punk train station office and bought her a DX racer gaming chair. Next step is to start building her gaming computer set up for retirement. But even her office space has a comfy chair tucked in the corner for me when I want to hang out. Our game room is where everyone hangs out whenever people are over.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:42 AM

13,262 posts, read 7,933,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I set up our game room. Pool table, video gaming area with big TV and multiple gaming systems, couches, a board game area, bar, and soda fountain. I even built my wifes office as a birthday gift and finished it to look like a steam punk train station office and bought her a DX racer gaming chair. Next step is to start building her gaming computer set up for retirement. But even her office space has a comfy chair tucked in the corner for me when I want to hang out. Our game room is where everyone hangs out whenever people are over.

That sounds cool!

Old 01-22-2018, 08:49 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,566,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
...full standup 80's old school arcades (i.e. Williams Defender, Donkey Kong, Froggger), jukebox...

You'd have to forcibly remove me from that room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships