Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 03:21 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'll bet you know a good few clueless guys who had to basically have the girl sit in their lap to guess that there was a potential "something" there.
*raises hand* Once I stopped flinching and/or cringing, though, I would dust myself down and explain to the girl in question that her attraction was one sided and definitely not in her best interest.

The typical Scribbles response to anything other than a dog or cat landing in my lap is 'Smithers, get it off me!'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 04:20 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
I'm not aggressive with women. But when it comes to other things in life, that is where I put my aggression. As far as women, there is always someone that meets me along the way.

But...

Old 01-26-2018, 04:34 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
This is all so complicated to me, not to mention unnecessary.

I don't approach anyone. Once in a very great while somebody will catch my eye, but the level of attraction is never enough for me to consider turning my life upside down to make room for them, so I let it go. The spark, if it existed outside my imagination, is extinguished almost as soon as it flares and I can go back to whatever I was doing. Easy.

Mercifully, I have not had to deal with anyone approaching me. Such a person would most likely be a sandwich or two short of a picnic hamper (as you'd need to be if you wanted a solitary, untrusting, cynical misanthrope like me anywhere near you) and wouldn't react well to a polite but firm no thank you.
Cool story, bro. Too bad the thread topic isn't about you approaching or not approaching. It's about women.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:50 PM

639 posts, read 376,326 times
It depends how pretty they are.

If they are super attractive, many men are approaching them. They will not approach you. If you want to win the game you have to play to get the prize.

If they aren't all that attractive, they may make the first move.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:11 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
''Should Women Be Encouraged to Approach Men They Find Interesting?''

Yes, they should, definitely. There's nothing wrong with this, at all.

I find that most of the men who automatically reject a woman just for approaching them, seem to reside on this forum more than anywhere else.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post

If they are super attractive, many men are approaching them. They will not approach you. If you want to win the game you have to play to get the prize.

This is a good point. A woman may be way more comfortable approaching a guy she feels is about her physical level.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post

Attractive women approach they're just so subtle you wouldn't know it's happening.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:28 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
Nothing wrong with women ACTIVELY approaching men. By "actively", I mean an overt gesture besides smiling and flipping your hair from across the room. An approach (to me) means going up to the guy, initiating a conversation and asking for his number...perhaps seeing if he'd like to go out on a date.

Ladies will do this from time to time, but only when highly motivated. She either has to find you extremely attractive in some way or you're rich/famous and she figures there's no harm in 'shooting her shot.' I just don't think women have it in them to aggressively and overtly pursue men unless they're top 15% or so (in her eyes). When ladies try cheesy pick up lines on a 50th percentile guy, then we will have come full circle.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:49 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times
The woman I'm seeing now approached me. I see nothing wrong with a woman approaching a man!

Old 01-27-2018, 12:00 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
''Should Women Be Encouraged to Approach Men They Find Interesting?''

Yes, they should, definitely. There's nothing wrong with this, at all.

I find that most of the men who automatically reject a woman just for approaching them, seem to reside on this forum more than anywhere else.
Yup... and hey always seem be the ones who more afraid of women than a billy goat is of a butchers knife.
And... it's the women who approach who are flawed.... not them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships