Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 08:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times

Advertisements

Why does the opposite sex continuously send mix signals??!

Long story short I have been seeing this guy on and off for 3 yrs.

Started out with a FWB thing.But I told him I wanted more. Now onto current time frame we have been seeing each other more often.We spent time together before christmas,before new years and right after.No sex. He even said he wants to spend Superbowl with me and a vacation with me.It will be him and i sharing a room.And his close friends will be going too. He has hinted at me being his girlfriend but never came straight forward with it. Last night I went out with him to eat and talked about our kids and friends and such.Then I started talking about when I was young and dumb and another dude started talking with me because he grew up in the area I was talking about.I noticed my guy doing the bit of macho thing,then when he was ready to leave rubbed my back and were on our way.

My question is about several scenarios,where he avoids sex with me. And he now only hugs me or kisses me on the cheek.Well I was mad about it and drove home silent.He knew I was ticked off. No communication from him today. I assume he has another lady and I'm really tired of this crap.

So city data people what should I Do? Am I jumping to assumptions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 08:57 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,456 times
You have been seeing each other off and on for three years. Your communication should be such that you feel comfortable discussing your question with him.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:59 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Raena, I don't know...I think he is keeping you on the hook in case one day he wants some again. Then he can amp up his "hints" until you sleep with him. He doesn't want to fully let you go because after all you were a source of no strings fun in the past, so maybe you will change your mind again...

I mean is all this hinting and back touching enough for you? Cut him loose! Find someone who is DYING to be with you. Someone you won't have to wonder about...you'll know. Drop this guy!

Old 01-27-2018, 09:00 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Honestly Rae Rae, I see no other option but to ask him what's up.

Ya'll have to talk! Communicate!!! >_<

Old 01-27-2018, 09:20 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,860,321 times
You said you wanted more. You aren't getting more. You're not going to get more.
Shoulda given the guy who wanted to listen to your stories your number, monkey.

Don't settle for someone who's going to kiss you on the cheek, avoid sex, ( wut?) and not care when you're unhappy.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:21 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Keeping this PG-13, when did he stop feeling frisky? Did he have a strong drive before which is now waning? How old is he?

Old 01-27-2018, 09:23 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,646,316 times
No such thing as mixed signals, just signals you don't understand...or are paying attention to those you want to and not to those you don't.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
You have been seeing each other off and on for three years. Your communication should be such that you feel comfortable discussing your question with him.
True...i do.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Raena, I don't know...I think he is keeping you on the hook in case one day he wants some again. Then he can amp up his "hints" until you sleep with him. He doesn't want to fully let you go because after all you were a source of no strings fun in the past, so maybe you will change your mind again...

I mean is all this hinting and back touching enough for you? Cut him loose! Find someone who is DYING to be with you. Someone you won't have to wonder about...you'll know. Drop this guy!
That's the thing he is avoiding sex now. I do want someone who is dying to be with me. I think he is stringing me along.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You said you wanted more. You aren't getting more. You're not going to get more.
Shoulda given the guy who wanted to listen to your stories your number, monkey.

Don't settle for someone who's going to kiss you on the cheek, avoid sex, ( wut?) and not care when you're unhappy.
I know right!? The other guy was listening better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships