Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 01:35 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, it says they find 80% of the men from their sample of pictures below average looking. Huge huge huge difference.
True, not as though OKC had women evaluate a pic of every man on planet earth. Just a random sampling of photos.

Not really science. Just some poll.

Or else maybe 80% of men should brush their teeth and comb their hair or something, I dunno.

Oh, so hey...men...what makes a woman approachable to you?

"She isn't busy filling out some stupid poll on a dating site."

Great!

Old 01-31-2018, 01:58 PM

336 posts, read 195,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, it says they find 80% of the men from their sample of pictures below average looking. Huge huge huge difference.
Ok, but men in the same study found 50% of women below and 50% of women to be above average looking. As you would expect, considering that men and owmen on dating sites such as OKC are usually an accurate representative sample of larger population. Do you then propose, that only butt ugly males sign up for OKC, but the women that do are an ideal sample? Or did you simply run out of ideas on how to defend the illogical?

Old 01-31-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
True, not as though OKC had women evaluate a pic of every man on planet earth. Just a random sampling of photos.

Not really science. Just some poll.

Or else maybe 80% of men should brush their teeth and comb their hair or something, I dunno.

Oh, so hey...men...what makes a woman approachable to you?

"She isn't busy filling out some stupid poll on a dating site."

Great!
Or MAYBE, certain people need to get a clue as to what AVERAGE actually means? Id suggest thats the route to take, if you are interested in actual reality.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
You might be right about some women. I've seen those stupid reality TV "Bachelor" shows, there sure are all kinds. Promise, cross my heart, though...you don't know the interior of MY brain better than I do. Nor what criteria I prize above others in male partners.

I don't presume to lump all men into the same hive mind. You could consider that in your anger towards women. Or not. *shrug*

I do want the best of the best, though...the best of the best match for ME. What do you think that looks like?
I have no idea what oyu look like, so I cant really answer that question. However, I can tell you that saying that 80% of men are below average looking is pure insanity. Have you an y idea how divorced from reality that is? I dont have any anger towards women., My anger is towards feminism and blue pill society, that has zero issues pushing misandry while attacking men for being men. Its destructive and awful. Look at some of the threads on this very forum and give it an honest consideration.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:08 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have seen men flat out ignore beautiful women. Maybe they didn't want to be called a creep, didn't feel like interacting with them, or just weren't interested. My experience is the complete opposite of yours.
Maybe because you are not a woman.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-31-2018, 02:13 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
No, it shows that you guys have zero clue as to what an average male looks like. It is such an insane result, that means you are completely divorced from reality and your expectations are completely nuts. The result should have been, 50% of men are below average looking.
You keep saying that, John, but it's not true.

Average is not the same as median.

Again, what's the average of this set of numbers?

How many of the numbers are below the average.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:18 PM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
If Im attracted to her, that makes her approachable. I am not a mind reader, to know if she will be receptive or dismissive of my advances. I also approach only adult women, so Im assuming if she isnt interested, she can simply say "Thank you, but Im not interested". At that point I say, "No biggie, have a great day!" and go on ,my way. Usually guys will approach women who make themselves easy to approach. For example, a simple smile is often inviting. Body language also plays a huge role here. If a woman is standing with her arms crossed and turns her body away from you, chances are she is not receptive to your approach. But if her body is facing you, or she points her toes and feet inward to accentuate her hips or plays with her her (obvious) or holds longer than usual eye contact, she is likely open to your approach. Eye contact is a play in dominance and it is an extremely powerful tool if you can use it right. It is unfortunate that many people today, believe that approaching a woman you find attractive, is sexual harassment. Because of this, you will continue seeing less and less men taking that chance. Its sad
Pointing toes inward accentuates your hips? Really?

Old 01-31-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
You keep saying that, John, but it's not true.

Average is not the same as median.

Again, what's the average of this set of numbers?

How many of the numbers are below the average.
yes, there is a difference between median and average. Doesnt change the fact that roughly 50% of male population is below average looking and roughly 50% of male population is above average looking. Does statement "80% of men are below average looking" make any sense at all to you? Because it shouldnt

Old 01-31-2018, 02:21 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Pointing toes inward accentuates your hips? Really?
Am I the only one envisioning the scene from Rocky Horror where they're doing the "Time Warp" right now?

Just checking.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:21 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
yes, there is a difference between median and average. Doesnt change the fact that roughly 50% of male population is below average looking and roughly 50% of male population is above average looking.
How have you come to that conclusion?

Quote:
Does statement "80% of men are below average looking" make any sense at all to you? Because it shouldnt
Of course it does.
I just explained how it could happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships