Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 12:37 PM

20,361 posts, read 14,632,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The joker2 View Post
So who do the guys blame who don't have a chance?
Why is blaming anyone a useful activity? It certainly doesn't solve the problem they've got.

And while blaming anyone but yourself for something might make you feel better in the moment, it's also saying, "I have no power whatsoever to do anything in hopes of having a better outcome." So, IF there was anything they COULD have done, to have better luck in their struggle, now they've thrown that out the window. Way too much work. So much easier to keep suffering, blame others, and complain to the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 12:40 PM

45 posts, read 27,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Why is blaming anyone a useful activity? It certainly doesn't solve the problem they've got.

And while blaming anyone but yourself for something might make you feel better in the moment, it's also saying, "I have no power whatsoever to do anything in hopes of having a better outcome." So, IF there was anything they COULD have done, to have better luck in their struggle, now they've thrown that out the window. Way too much work. So much easier to keep suffering, blame others, and complain to the internet.
Regardless of what you think you know some men don't have the power to change anything but you would have to be a man to know this.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:44 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Regardless of what you think you know some men don't have the power to change anything but you would have to be a man to know this.

I'm a man, and this makes no sense to me. If I can't change me, no one can. I can't change others, that is true. But I have full power to change me, if I want to badly enough, and I have full power to accept me for things that can't be changed, or I'm unwilling to put in the work to change.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:45 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
You have to be a human being of any description to know that there are some things we can't change and some things we can.

Both sexes know this. We've known it all our lives.

Within any given parameter - say, dating - there ARE things we can change. Period. We can change tons of things about ourselves. We can take our minds of it and have other interests. We can look into ourselves and our pasts to see if we're holding ourselves back. We can learn to set boundaries if we've been stepped on in the past. We can go to different places, seek out new types of people...the list goes on.

I'm not being cavalier. Feeling helpless stinks. But you're not helpless. You just think you are. WE ALL have disappointments in our lives - some of them HUGE. We all have to deal and we have to think how we can change things, and do that small part.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:47 PM

336 posts, read 195,210 times
eh, both men and women sometimes have difficulties in dating. No you cant change the fact that you are 5'6", but you can choose to not worry about things you cant control. If oyu do your best with what youve got, and what you can actually control, usually that plenty to get as many women as you please. Its all between your ears, anyway.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You have to be a human being of any description to know that there are some things we can't change and some things we can.

Both sexes know this. We've known it all our lives.

Within any given parameter - say, dating - there ARE things we can change. Period. We can change tons of things about ourselves. We can take our minds of it and have other interests. We can look into ourselves and our pasts to see if we're holding ourselves back. We can learn to set boundaries if we've been stepped on in the past. We can go to different places, seek out new types of people...the list goes on.

I'm not being cavalier. Feeling helpless stinks. But you're not helpless. You just think you are. WE ALL have disappointments in our lives - some of them HUGE. We all have to deal and we have to think how we can change things, and do that small part.
I'm at the point that I could care less, I was just stating a fact so save me the fake encouragement.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I'm at the point that I could care less, I was just stating a fact so save me the fake encouragement.
No, you were implying that only men have it hard in dating or feel helpless to change their bad situations. Which is very silly. Men are not any more or less powerless, compared to women. There are women who think that all men will treat them in ways they don't like, or that they aren't what all men want in a mate, and who are miserable in their loneliness or relationship failures...just as there are men.

But hey, if it makes you feel special to claim that I couldn't POSSIBLY understand your own unique man problems, you go with your bad self.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
No, you were implying that only men have it hard in dating or feel helpless to change their bad situations. Which is very silly. Men are not any more or less powerless, compared to women. There are women who think that all men will treat them in ways they don't like, or that they aren't what all men want in a mate, and who are miserable in their loneliness or relationship failures...just as there are men.

But hey, if it makes you feel special to claim that I couldn't POSSIBLY understand your own unique man problems, you go with your bad self.
You don't know me so to claim that you know what my problems are is extremely ignorant of you.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
You don't know me so to claim that you know what my problems are is extremely ignorant of you.
Claiming that anyone would have to be a man to understand anything is extremely ignorant of you.

Try me, joker.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Claiming that anyone would have to be a man to understand anything is extremely ignorant of you.

Try me, joker.
I'm not claiming I understand what womens problems are, to be honest I don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships