Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 07:39 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,777 times

Advertisements

I'm joining the there's no timeline group. If you feel it, say it. Don't let other people's calendar's dictate anything in your personal relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 08:20 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
Congratulations! No, it is not too early.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:55 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
Is there some unwritten mantra that says you should wait X [months/years/eons] to tell someone that you love them?? Love is an emotion that you feel, it just is. The same can be said if you don't love some one, you'll know it. We knew that we loved each other within months. Married within 1.5 years.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:05 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,997,176 times
Do you only spend Saturdays together?

Old 02-01-2018, 11:43 AM

235 posts, read 148,413 times
Too early for "I love you" ...

Pffttt, we married within 2 months of dating... now, what ya think? ?

We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary in Canada. Spur of the moment thing just coz it's a 4 hr drive where we are. LOL.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:57 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
I get that technically, there's no timeline, and I try to be open-minded and remember that people are individuals, but honestly, if I hadn't exchanged I-love-yous in this period of time (is it about six months?) I'd probably figure the lightning bolt just wasn't going to strike.

I'm sure some will say I'd have missed out that way, but I don't really believe that. I think a bunch of factors have to fall into place in order for something to work, and being on generally the same time frame is one of those things (just in my opinion). And not feeling it, and/or not thinking my SO felt it, before a few months had passed, would for me mean I was lukewarm and perhaps settling just because everything else seemed basically to fit.

It takes so much more than just getting along, IMO.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:07 PM

716 posts, read 557,114 times
Would you love her if you were NOT having sex with her?

Old 02-01-2018, 12:10 PM

777 posts, read 452,331 times
I think "I love you" means different things to different people. For some, it carries much greater meaning. Years and years ago, my first husband took FOREVER to say it, but for him, it basically meant he wanted to marry me. It wasn't long before we were engaged and married after that.

The second husband said it much quicker, but he was a narcissist and a love-bomber, so I tend to be wary now of those who say anything too soon. We married very quickly too, HUGE mistake on my part getting involved with him in the first place, much less marrying quickly.

I think my current SO is much more like husband number one with regard to the meaning he attaches to saying the words. So I am quite willing to be patient now, as his actions show he cares quite a bit.

So getting a good read on how your partner feels about the words is advisable.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:18 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,166 times
There is no time limit. Do what you feel is right. If you love the woman, you love her. Just tell her.

Putting a time limit on that kinda stuff is silly. If you can't see yourself without her, you love being with her and spending time with her, and you actually feel like you love her, then go for it.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:22 PM

235 posts, read 148,413 times
I don't recall we said I love you's oh nvm. He said it on the day he tried to get in my pants didn't get any that day though. LOL. But his actions speak a whole lot so I've no qualms marrying him that quick.

I've always been a believer of action speaks louder than words that's why his iloveu that day didn't work out for him. LOL. He got a kiss. That's it.

I don't care about hearing iloveu. I care more about seeing and feeling it by the person showing and doing it. Know what I'm sayin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships